• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vitamin C Destroying Methylcobalamin

Anyone have any idea how much vitamin c is acceptable to take without destroying too much methylb12? I find vitamin c to be the most potent anti-histamine yet.

Thank you so much! Also, any idea why taking even medium dose vitamin c (<= 1 g/day) causes me to have extreme soreness (similar to what lactic acid buildup/post-exercise feels like)? Could this be c's ability to assist with chelation?

sregan

Thank you so much! Also, any idea why taking even medium dose vitamin c (<= 1 g/day) causes me to have extreme soreness (similar to what lactic acid buildup/post-exercise feels like)? Could this be c's ability to assist with chelation?

I thought I had experienced that also. Regular vitamin C is acidic and may affect the gut. I thought either way it might be putting some burden on the liver.

Learner1

I'm not sure, but antioxidants all work together. You might enjoy "The Antioxidant Miracle" by Lester Packer, who ran the antioxidant lab at UC Berkeley for many years.