• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Solve ME/CFS Discovery Forum Saturday 14 October - live coverage

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I'm a bit confused about the livestreaming on FB! Does anyone have a good link? I've added one to my first post but I'm not sure whether that's just for Zaher Nahle's talk.

Cinders66

It was a really good talk by zaher. Great to see all the great minds there. I still don't see why nih don't just put in more money right away and let the field flourish, they neglected it years so it's not finding new money, it's paying back what they owe. I will be interested to see the nih presentation if there is one because we have such a lot of time to make up for, a big knowledge gap as zaher says.

*GG*

It was a really good talk by zaher. Great to see all the great minds there. I still don't see why nih don't just put in more money right away and let the field flourish, they neglected it years so it's not finding new money, it's paying back what they owe. I will be interested to see the nih presentation if there is one because we have such a lot of time to make up for, a big knowledge gap as zaher says.

Cute, what they owe. Gov't doesn't work that way!

GG

Cinders66

Cute, what they owe. Gov't doesn't work that way!

GG
Well that's what my limited energy summarised it as, as it basically is. We aren't suddenly demanding an unfair , staggeringly high amount of money as a special favours vs other debilitating chronic illness we are saying you have neglected this for years, this has had a shocking impact on sufferers and this is the cause of the knowledge gap so you need to invest intensively now to make up for your neglect.

I saw jen brea make a similar point although I'm sure far better argued on the ME action page. Some people in government act as if they can just start in 2017 in a small way , building up slowly, as if those years of neglect and waste aren't there.