• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone seen Dr. Klinghart or know his protocol for CFS?

I'm wondering if anyone on PR has seen Dr. Klinghart as a patient? He seems to be so innovative, I thought he might have some treatments that other CFS practitioners don't use. I would like to see his CFS protocol, if anyone knows what it is.

Thanks

Dufresne

almost there...
He's recently said that most people with chronic fatigue have either parasites (particularly lung worm) or nasal staph infections. However, I think anything sounding overly definitive or optimistic from him should be taken with a grain of salt. If he was really successful with ME/CFS we'd hear about it through solid, patient testimonials.

With that caveat in place, I'm guessing part of what he'd recommend would be his parasite protocol. (He claims testing for parasites is usually a waste of time, you just assume you have them.)

-Biltricide (600 mg) twice daily for two days
-Ivermectin 12 mg –one tablet four times per day for fourteen days (take at the same time as Pyrantel Pamoate)
-Pyrantel pamoate, 1000 mg per day at bedtime for fourteen days. Fill at Key Pharmacy
-Albenza, 200 mg (after completing fourteen days on Ivermectin and Pyrantel). Two tablets twice per day for fourteen days
-Alinia 500 mg (after completing Albenza)- Two twice per day for fourteen days
Order of treatment: Biltricide-Ivermectin-Pyrantel-Albenza-Alinia

Testing for coag neg staph can be done through Diagnostic Laboratory Medicine: infodlmlab.com

If you test positive you use the BEG nasal antibiotic spray which is specially formulated to break down biofilm.

Thanks for posting this, Dufresne. Have you tried this protocol? If so, did it seem to help or did you have side effects? Where do you buy the supplements? I recently had a DNA stool test for parasites (MetaMetrix) and the results said there were no parasites. It may be that they just don't all show up on a stool test.

But it seems odd for him to say that all CFS is caused by parasites when many of us (me included) had an acute viral infection that started it.

sianrecovery

Thanks for posting that Graham.
I havent been treated by him - doubt if I could afford him - I know some people really rate him, others say less complimentary things. Scott Forsgreen, of the betterhealthguy website I think was treated by him, and respects him. I was treated by someone who had some training by him. I know alongside parasites he considers environmental stuff like mold and EMF's important, and also long term viral and bacterial infections. And HPU. To me, he seems brilliant in some ways, completely off the mark in others, and by the sound of it, pretty money hungry. I would be interested to hear from people who have actually been treated by him himself.

Dufresne

almost there...
And HPU. To me, he seems brilliant in some ways, completely off the mark in others, and by the sound of it, pretty money hungry. I would be interested to hear from people who have actually been treated by him himself.

I completely agree with you. I follow him only to learn what's out there. If a treatment exists he's probably promoted it at some point. The problem I have with him, besides the prices of his BioPure products, is that he tends to over-hype whatever he's into. A few years ago he was characterizing HPU and his Core protocol as the missing link in Lyme Disease, and suddenly people were getting better all over. Yet now he's into Shoemaker's work and he states heavy doses of zinc (the main component in the Core protocol) will increase MMP-9, thereby "making it easier for the bugs to eat you". Now I've no problem with a doctor who changes directions, or one that addresses the complexity of an illness such as ours from many angles; I'm sure there's some value in treating HPU for some people, and I think he's on the right page with his recent focus on Shoemaker, but he's got to tone down the Messiah thing a bit.

Dufresne

almost there...
Thanks for posting this, Dufresne. Have you tried this protocol? If so, did it seem to help or did you have side effects? Where do you buy the supplements? I recently had a DNA stool test for parasites (MetaMetrix) and the results said there were no parasites. It may be that they just don't all show up on a stool test.

But it seems odd for him to say that all CFS is caused by parasites when many of us (me included) had an acute viral infection that started it.

You can get the drugs from http://www.alldaychemist.com/. I had mine shipped to a friend in the States and then on up to Canada. (Bear in mind that the American lobbyists are trying to make it impossible for folks to order their drugs in from the outside, so you might want to do this while you still can.) I've a lot of problems tolerating drugs and herbs so I'm not the right guy to be commenting on the protocol. I've really only been able to toy with it a bit.

Klinghardt is also big on Mimosa Pudica, which you can get through Hopkington Drug http://www.rxandhealth.com/. I had some die-off the first day taking this, so I know it works somewhat.

I too did the Metametrix test for critters. It turned up nothing except h. pylori, and "parasite present, taxonomy unknown" which I understand is a pretty common finding. They downplay this by essentially saying, it must have been something you ate. But who knows?

What's worked best for my gut health is fermented foods. Essentially I'm following the GAPS diet and eating yogurt, kefir, and sauerkraut. This is something I started before the parasite protocol and Metametrix test, but after the Mimosa Pudica. I used to experience die-off from a homeopathic anti-parasitic, but since introducing the fermented foods I've had none. While this has helped my ankylosing spondylitis oodles, it's done nothing to better my ME/CFS.

sianrecovery

I tested postive for HPU, and tried The Core - made me ill, had to stop. That could (and was) be interpreted as a detox reaction, or maybe it just made me ill. I get weary of practitioners saying everything is die off or detox.

Totally with you on the messiah stuff Dufresne - also was offended by his comments that patients with parasites were 'needy' clingy types, and whether or not family constellation therapy is a good interpersonal therapy I have no idea, but touting it as a cure for ME seems pretty crappy.

mrmichaelfreedmen

You can get the drugs from http://www.alldaychemist.com/. I had mine shipped to a friend in the States and then on up to Canada. (Bear in mind that the American lobbyists are trying to make it impossible for folks to order their drugs in from the outside, so you might want to do this while you still can.) I've a lot of problems tolerating drugs and herbs so I'm not the right guy to be commenting on the protocol. I've really only been able to toy with it a bit.

Klinghardt is also big on Mimosa Pudica, which you can get through Hopkington Drug http://www.rxandhealth.com/. I had some die-off the first day taking this, so I know it works somewhat.

I too did the Metametrix test for critters. It turned up nothing except h. pylori, and "parasite present, taxonomy unknown" which I understand is a pretty common finding. They downplay this by essentially saying, it must have been something you ate. But who knows?

What's worked best for my gut health is fermented foods. Essentially I'm following the GAPS diet and eating yogurt, kefir, and sauerkraut. This is something I started before the parasite protocol and Metametrix test, but after the Mimosa Pudica. I used to experience die-off from a homeopathic anti-parasitic, but since introducing the fermented foods I've had none. While this has helped my ankylosing spondylitis oodles, it's done nothing to better my ME/CFS.

Be careful with www.alldaychemist.com they have sold my email address to spammers, I know this because it was a brand new email address who no one else had, only them. And am being constantly bombarded with spam emails using the exact delivery name and address.

I have cancelled the funding credit card and have reported this issue to a Governing body.

Will not be surprised if they attempt to have this post removed, as they have tried doing so on the 4 or 5 review sites I have also posted this issue on.

We have enough problems dealing with our illness. Scummy pharmacies are not appreciated.

mrmichaelfreedmen

Be careful with www.alldaychemist.com they have sold my email address to spammers, I know this because it was a brand new email address who no one else had, only them. And am being constantly bombarded with spam emails using the exact delivery name and address.

I have cancelled the funding credit card and have reported this issue to a Governing body.

Will not be surprised if they attempt to have this post removed, as they have tried doing so on the 4 or 5 review sites I have also posted this issue on.

We have enough problems dealing with our illness. Scummy pharmacies are not appreciated.

December 27th 2017 scummy pharmacy update.

I have received correspondence detailing multiple users of Alldaychemist having similar problems as I have had.

If you value your personal details including your credit card - AVOID THIS PHARMACY.