• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to interpret the cd57 panel

Hi All
I was wondering can someone shed some light on how to interpret the CD57 panel? The test was performed by Labcorp.

Test results were CD8-/CD57+ to be 7.2 %( reference range was 2-17)
and absolute CD8-CD57+ lymphs was 151 /uL (reference range being 60-360)

What all can be deduced from this test? Does this give any insight for stealth infections?
What is an optimal result for this test?

Thanks

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
Hi All
I was wondering can someone shed some light on how to interpret the CD57 panel? The test was performed by Labcorp.

Test results were CD8-/CD57+ to be 7.2 %( reference range was 2-17)
and absolute CD8-CD57+ lymphs was 151 /uL (reference range being 60-360)

What all can be deduced from this test? Does this give any insight for stealth infections?
What is an optimal result for this test?

Thanks

These are normal results. There is no optimal result. People vary a lot for no obvious reason but that is not surprising because these cells are just trafficking through blood. They do not do anything there. Numbers do not tell us anything much unless they are very high or very low. There is little or no evidence for 'stealth infections' in ME.

MAOAr297r

They said that at one point. I had a PCR, Western blot by igenex and a culture and they were all negative though...weird