• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

weather change

notmyself

does anyone have any ideea why the change in weather make me feel much worse?! My POTS is much worse,not just the feeling,also the numbers in heart rate, my joints ache much more than in the summer,muscle weakness is more profund,,basicly everything is worse...adn it happen suddenly after a big change in the weather,from summer ,sunny and warm to rainy,cloudy and cold..

belize44

I don't know why, but I feel the same. We had a cold front go through here and I am thoroughly crashed for the past two days I did nothing but sleep. The only good thing about it is that I didn't have to take anything for sleep.:rolleyes:

Kenshin

Your profile pics look so similar I thought it was the same one in the corner of my eye.
But yes, I'm worst in hot humid weather, but crappy winterry weather isn't great either.
I'm probably best on those cool, blue sky days.

erin

I'm better on sunny days with no humidity and still. Slight breeze is OK too.
I'm really terrible with wind and humid. Clouds and cold is not good, makes me even more fatigued. Wind makes me very dizzy.

TigerLilea

my joints ache much more than in the summer,muscle weakness is more profund,,basicly everything is worse...adn it happen suddenly after a big change in the weather,from summer ,sunny and warm to rainy,cloudy and cold..
People with arthritis often complain that their arthritis pain is much worse when the weather becomes colder and wetter.

belize44

Your profile pics look so similar I thought it was the same one in the corner of my eye.
But yes, I'm worst in hot humid weather, but crappy winterry weather isn't great either.
I'm probably best on those cool, blue sky days.
I changed my profile pic for the Fall season.:)

Last edited:

notmyself

People with arthritis often complain that their arthritis pain is much worse when the weather becomes colder and wetter.
yep, it really feels like arthritis sometimes ,but the tests and doctors say i don t have arthritis...

Seven7

Seven
Weather change does not affect me as bad as the Fall, Brutalll for me.
I've heard that autoimmune plp get worst on fall ( not sure if it is truth).

Hanna

Cold and damp is the worst combination for me. The very first days when the weather is changing (from summer to fall) I am also experimenting major emotional stress - on top of the physical pain increase. Just now in fact !