• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK source of methylfolate (other than Metafolin)

Creachur

I uses Jarrows Methylfolate also available from Amazon uk

I believe Jarrow uses Quatrefolic for its methylcobalamin. For some reason it makes me very sleepy. I tried Quatrefolic in Swanson's Ultra Folate and I would guess Jarrow would give me the same effect.

I seem to need Metafolin but it's expensive so I'm wondering what generic methylfolate would be like.

Just found the Health Leads folate on Amazon - thought I'd search for it here. I guess no-one would recommend it yet?

Methyl90

I believe Jarrow uses Quatrefolic for its methylcobalamin. For some reason it makes me very sleepy. I tried Quatrefolic in Swanson's Ultra Folate and I would guess Jarrow would give me the same effect.

I seem to need Metafolin but it's expensive so I'm wondering what generic methylfolate would be like.

But what acronym does generic methylfolate have? I thought it was the generic one related to calcium salt