• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Peptide Bioregulators - Anyone tried them?

Mary

Moderator Resource
@ECAsson - There is something called peptide injections which a few doctors in the U.S. do, although I think they have to call it something else now. If you go to "forums" on prohealth.com and do a search for peptide injections, you can read more about it.

I don't know if they are the same thing as your peptides. I tried one injection 4 or 5 years ago, it was pricey (I think $300!) and it didn't do anything, actually I felt worse afterwards. But some people swear by them.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@ECAsson - one more thing. There's a doctor named Stanislaw Burzynski in Texas who has been doing research using antineoplastons (peptides and amino acid derivatives) for cancer treatment. He's faced enormous opposition from and legal battles with the U.S. FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and the Texas Board of Medical Examiners. There's a documentary about him just called "Burzynski" about this. Here's a link with more info: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/06/11/burzynski-the-movie.aspx
And his clinic is here: http://www.burzynskiclinic.com/scientific-publications.html

From what I've read and seeing the documentary, his treatments do show promise, but he has been handicapped by these legal battles, enormous legal fees and also I believe is restricted in clinical trials to only use patients who have first gone through traditional cancer treatments (chemo, radiation, etc.) which treatments of course destroy the immune system. So he is working with patients whose immune systems are seriously compromised to begin with which of course will affect his results. I think he might have more promising results if he was not so restricted.

What I'm leading up to is that he is basically using peptides in much of his research and treatment. I find this whole area very interesting and think it's worth exploring further, and there may very well be merit in the peptide bioregulators you refer to above.

Actually if you end of up trying any of them, please let us know how it goes :)

Hip

I just came across this thread on peptide bioregulators. This post (by @Andey, who is also on this forum), is useful:
I asked few russian/ukranian scientists about those Khavinson supplements. Answers was split between BS and maybe beneficial. One thing that everybody agreed is that Khavinson's institute patients dont show any significant signs of longevity improvements.

(BS = bullshit).

I can only confirm that the peptide bioregulators actually work. My mother has been using these products for a long time. Thanks to the peptide bioregulators, it has significantly improved its health. Some problems have completely disappeared. The thyroid gland now works normally. No additional hormones are needed. There are on the market Russian and German peptide bioregulators. We both tried it out. We find that the German preparations work better.

Hip

There are on the market Russian and German peptide bioregulators. We both tried it out. We find that the German preparations work better.

Would you know the names of some of the good German peptide bioregulators, and what illness and conditions these drugs are useful for?

Would you have any links to evidence that these peptide bioregulators are effective, either anecdotal evidence or published studies?

Last edited: