• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I just watched Megyn kelly interview Jen Brea on national tv!

Mary

Moderator Resource
This is amazing ... I never thought I would see Megyn Kelly do something I could recommend, overall really well done, and the doctor was very good too! I was so glad to hear her talk about PEM. The analogy of a battery that is only at 5-10% charge to begin with, and then getting depleted was very apt!

And good job @JaimeS! :nerd:

Thanks so much for posting @Mesurfer! :thumbsup:

shannah

We really must push for a better term for the collapse we experience after exertion.
Just like the rebranded they name they chose, this term conjours up all kinds of images that don't certainly don't match my experience.

Really really good. The one question I wish had been addressed would have been along the lines of "A lot of people in the audience will be thinking 'Well, she looks pretty normal to me. Has she really got anything wrong with her?' ". It's the big confusion that many people have, when they have no real awareness of ME.

*GG*

@JenB and Ben H. asked me for a science factsheet for "a TV show". I pictured a local broadcast.

.....guys.

What fact sheet? I have a local movie place that is interested in the Film, but would like someone who could talk some about it. I think I could do that, would just like a sheet of probably 2 pages max to go off of to talk to the audience!

GG

JamBob

I watched the show online and was really impressed and thrilled (as always) with Jen and Omar's advocacy work.

For those of us who don't live in the US is Megyn Kelly a big thing? Is this a national show or something you would watch in one state - is Megyn Kelly like Oprah and Ellen or more low key? We don't have the cultural reference. Is 3 million viewers a lot in the US?

viggster

I watched the show online and was really impressed and thrilled (as always) with Jen and Omar's advocacy work.

For those of us who don't live in the US is Megyn Kelly a big thing? Is this a national show or something you would watch in one state - is Megyn Kelly like Oprah and Ellen or more low key? We don't have the cultural reference. Is 3 million viewers a lot in the US?

Yes, the Today Show is a big deal. I know publicists who would hand over their first-born to get clients onto that show. The PR team for Unrest is doing phenomenal work.

Just to be clear, Megyn Kelly just started hosting an hour of Today. She came over from Fox News where she was a huge draw.

JaimeS

What fact sheet? I have a local movie place that is interested in the Film, but would like someone who could talk some about it. I think I could do that, would just like a sheet of probably 2 pages max to go off of to talk to the audience!

GG

I think that there is a cardboard notecard that was prepared awhile back -- it really just has links, but I think that's good because it leads to more information.

Hajnalka

GG
Hi, there's a new toolkit on the Unrest website with "screening resources", maybe it could be useful:
https://www.unrest.film/tools/