• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Practical ways of looking nice

ladycatlover

I wear basically the same thing every day and it is the greatest, most freeing thing I could ever have imagined.

This probably sounds really boring, but I love it. I save so much time and energy when I don't have to think about what to wear and what I have enough energy to pull off and how this item can't be worn with that other.

While I can see the attraction in your approach @Isaiah 58: 11 it wouldn't suit me! ;) I tend to lie in bed and plot and plan what I'm going to wear on the day - it's very weather dependent, and our weather changes so fast o_O it's hard to plan ahead. :rofl: Will have several possibles in mind for any special occasion. :cool: But I enjoy colour, and since I don't have the energy to sew or paint I use my colour energy on choosing my clothes. :)

If I still had small children, or was working, I'm sure I'd be following your example Isaiah. :)

ladycatlover

Here's today's hat... Hair today is even worse than yesterday. Had intended a bath but guts played up. Hope can manage one tomorrow.

21559029_1754848124635973_9008292024140897341_n.jpg

Gingergrrl

I have four levels of clothing:

1) If I am at home alone or only w/family or my dog (pajamas or very basic sweats & t-shirt)
2) If I go to IVIG infusions or a doctor appt (black leggings or sweats and t-shirt but I add slipper boots LOL)
3) If I go to restaurant, friend's home, etc (black leggings but a nicer shirt and Toms (shoes)
4) If I'm going to a nicer occasion like someone's birthday, a holiday, or other rare event (I dress up like when I used to go to work in nicer pants, nice shirt or sweater/cardigan, jewelry, nicer shoes, etc).

That is pretty much the extent of it except that I look horrible in hats LOL... but @ladycatlover you look fabulous in hats and I think my level 4 is your level 1 (if that makes any sense)

Invisible Woman

I am late to this thread, but didn't realize that I had to do something in order to look nice. I thought I already looked nice, just the way I am. I'll butt out now.

You do look lovely - I'm assuming the avatar is a self portrait? It gives the impression of elegance, grace & good bone structure.

Quite like my own, if only you could see me ;)

Loving that up-do:thumbsup:

Daffodil

today i went downtown to see a doc and try some psych meds. I really was not looking forward to traveling the 2 hours in the heat and smog but i pushed myself and went since i had been cancelling this appt many times. i rushed to the office late, only to find, thanks to the brain fog, the appt wasnt until next week. ughhh.

since i was downtown anyway, i started walking, thinking i will find a cheap place to get my hair dyed. I havent dyed it in ages and it was looking pretty grey and haggard. i went to salon after salon but the area is well to do so i eventually got tired and settled for a salon which wasnt that cheap. they used the l'oreal ammonia free permanent hair dye called INOA. i wanted to go cheap so they used just one color. I am sure there are tons of other very toxic ingredients in it, and i realize now I could have just used the Olia ammonia-free hair color at home myself and saved a lot of money lol but alas....

the plan now is to let it grow and when grey roots appear, i will just keep applying non toxic stuff near the top. the non toxic dyes dont actually work at covering my greys and even to lighten them a little, i would have to reapply like every 4 days.....but i discovered this new product called Hairprint. It is totally non toxic and uses some other method to color the hair, permanently. This stuff is different from all the less toxic ones that claim to work. I think it really works or at least better than the others. Only drawback is that it is expensive....but since I will be using it only on the roots, maybe it could work.

Of course, I could have just used Hairprint on my entire hair (2 boxes since i have a lot of long hair) and skipped the expensive ordeal of going to a salon today, but I just cannot think logically lately :-/

I will keep you guys posted on how this experiment goes...

xoxoxo

Groggy Doggy

I discovered this new product called Hairprint. It is totally non toxic and uses some other method to color the hair, permanently. This stuff is different from all the less toxic ones that claim to work. I think it really works or at least better than the others. Only drawback is that it is expensive....but since I will be using it only on the roots, maybe it could work.

Of course, I could have just used Hairprint on my

I will keep you guys posted on how this experiment goes...

xoxoxo

Read this on Hairprint:

*The concentrations of hydrogen peroxide we use are between 1% and 1.5%, a fraction of what one gets in drugstore peroxide. In conventional hair dyes, peroxide is used to break open the hair, and can be up to a 12-15% concentration. When Hairprint is applied to your hair, the peroxide is gone in two minutes."

Daffodil

Yes please do! I passed the info along to a few friends who might be interested.
i was reading reviews....they say you get better coverage if you use 2 boxes and that it gets progressively better over time...meaning the next time you color, you will have to use less etc. looks pretty promising, even if it only covers 80% of greys. they say its so non toxic you can eat it and the scientsis did eat it!

you have to use a chelating shampoo first or something. and it is only good for dark hair i think.

this is awesome. when I think of all the hardcore toxins my relative have used their entire lives (Indians go grey very early). In fact, I have my suspicions about my uncle, who is dying of advanced kidney cancer and his use of hair dye...my mom had a kidney issue for a while...my aunt died of pancreatic cancer i believe ...there are links to all of these cancers and hair dye ingredients. now i wonder if in india, many cancers arent linked to this because they use hair dye like crazy - even some of the guru types use it.

Last edited: