• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone had this from ME? (Neuroexcitation sensitivity)

ivorin

Hi folks,

I've had ME for 6.5 years but since this January I've completely lost my life.

In the first few weeks of January I developed the innability to stimulate my nervous system with excitatory activity.

Every time I read, work on a computer, have a vigorous conversation even, I trigger a cascade of inflammation, pain and pressure in the back of my head that is followed by abnormal sensations and mood swings. It also worsens my other symptoms like pots and cardiovascular regulation.

I have no idea what is causing it and I have no way of stopping it. It has ruined my life.

Has anyone had anything like this? Was there anything that you found helpful?

Cheers,
Orin )

Seven7

Seven
Mine was due to inflammation (I didn't abuse the Advil but used it when needed). I just lowered my inflammation and it got better (I had develop food intolerances and did GAPS a bit, and had other health issues causing it, like colitis).

While I didn't know I had to avoid all stimulus, I did like daily mental exercises and then try to work my way up, started with memory games and stuff like that. But really the trick was addressing the root cause (brain Inflammation). By the way I had it confirmed with cytokines tests my inflammatory ones were thought the roof (test is called a cytokine profile).

ivorin

Mine was due to inflammation (I didn't abuse the Advil but used it when needed). I just lowered my inflammation and it got better (I had develop food intolerances and did GAPS a bit, and had other health issues causing it, like colitis).

While I didn't know I had to avoid all stimulus, I did like daily mental exercises and then try to work my way up, started with memory games and stuff like that. But really the trick was addressing the root cause (brain Inflammation). By the way I had it confirmed with cytokines tests my inflammatory ones were thought the roof (test is called a cytokine profile).
Yeah, I expect similar reasons for me. My doc, DeMeirleir says it's the prostaglandines and quinolinic acid, but what I found unsettling the most was how abruptly it developed and how steady the decline was. We are now exploring mercury toxicity too due to some positive blood and urine work.

I guess it is, as you say, a matter of finding the root of inflammation.

Seven7

Seven
Yeah, I expect similar reasons for me. My doc, DeMeirleir says it's the prostaglandines and quinolinic acid, but what I found unsettling the most was how abruptly it developed and how steady the decline was. We are now exploring mercury toxicity too due to some positive blood and urine work.
I guess it is, as you say, a matter of finding the root of inflammation.
I am not recommending this since is supposed to be bad for mercury but I had great success with GMC Acetyl-L_cartinine with ALA (2 a day). I get bad brain burning and spine burning and this supplement has been great.t , I guess my point is try to find what is the cause and try to find a solution to your specific issue, if you know you have mercury issues, find a protectant for brain while you chelated.

ivorin

I am not recommending this since is supposed to be bad for mercury but I had great success with GMC Acetyl-L_cartinine with ALA (2 a day). I get bad brain burning and spine burning and this supplement has been great.t , I guess my point is try to find what is the cause and try to find a solution to your specific issue, if you know you have mercury issues, find a protectant for brain while you chelated.
Exactly my thoughts. It's helped a bit, adding antioxidant protection and some anti inflammatory supplements but I am still figuring out where the main portion of inflammation is coming from. Kdm thinks it's a gut issue, guess we'll see if his therapy helps.

Cheers for your perspective!

Seven7

Seven
Exactly my thoughts. It's helped a bit, adding antioxidant protection and some anti inflammatory supplements but I am still figuring out where the main portion of inflammation is coming from. Kdm thinks it's a gut issue, guess we'll see if his therapy helps.

Cheers for your perspective!
If it is gut, maybe rotation diet or gaps will help! Best of lucks.
I work hard on my gut doing broths and trying good tummy things ( while trying to keep histamines in check).