• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Unknow virus Triggering cfs like symptoms video

Woolie

Some of us were hit by unknown infection
Yes, a lot of us first came down with a flu-like illness, and were never really well again.

Still, it may or may not be true that a virus continues to be involved in the disease long term. It could be that that virus somehow tips our immune system over the edge and then it continues to behave erratically from there on.

No-one really knows which of these alternatives is true. Recently, I've become more convinced now for the immune system account, because it seems that many different types of infections can trigger MECFS, and the symptoms of the MECFS tend to look similar regardless of the infection that triggered it. That to me suggests something is generally going awry in the immune system that is not virus-specific.

It does seem that some types of infections are more likely to 'trigger' MECFS than others. EBV and Polio, and people are now reporting lots of cases after zika virus. But there are still lots of roads that lead to Rome.

I just thought I'd mention this, because if we take into account this alternative possibility too, it makes the argument stronger.

patient.journey

Yes, a lot of us first came down with a flu-like illness, and were never really well again.

Still, it may or may not be true that a virus continues to be involved in the disease long term. It could be that that virus somehow tips our immune system over the edge and then it continues to behave erratically from there on.

No-one really knows which of these alternatives is true. Recently, I've become more convinced now for the immune system account, because it seems that many different types of infections can trigger MECFS, and the symptoms of the MECFS tend to look similar regardless of the infection that triggered it. That to me suggests something is generally going awry in the immune system that is not virus-specific.

It does seem that some types of infections are more likely to 'trigger' MECFS than others. EBV and Polio, and people are now reporting lots of cases after zika virus. But there are still lots of roads that lead to Rome.

I just thought I'd mention this, because if we take into account this alternative possibility too, it makes the argument stronger.

As you said most of us were hit by infection but if you go to see every one story you would find that some family members developed cfs like symptoms or some how kind of weird symptoms !

Did any one here had EBV positive viral load ? Or a new infection when they got sick ? I couldn't find those info ! If we just lift the high antibody response and those things some cfs doctors tell us about ..

Yes the infection I have is triggering over active immune system and am starting to have positive ANA results which tells that my body is atacking it self , we don't get recurrent infections nither we even get cold or any type of infections so we don't have that much immune deficiency but we still have it as a part of healthy person life is to get fever once or twice a year but we don't and we have some fungus over growth and bad gut bacteria so this put us in the page of immune disorder but for whom have multiple cfs family cases should think of which virus could make this while the hall family were healthy living before that !!

The illness in China may help refocus CFS endeavors towards stealth adapted viruses. The current emphasis on metabolomics and/or immunological markers in CFS patients appear to be directed at developing marketable diagnostic tests. This approach is unlikely to succeed with a heterogeneous illness such as CFS. It also avoids the Public Health, as well as personal implications, of an active, transmissible illness. Resistance at the Public Health level is also fostered by the proven origin of certain stealth adapted viruses from polio vaccines.