• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anybody get rid of pathogenic bacteria naturally?

bertiedog

For the past 5 years Citrobacter has showed up in 3 stool tests. The first time was the CDSA stool test through Genova, the 2nd time their GI effects test and recently I got the results of my American Gut stool test yet again showing that it was there but in a very small quantity.

It appears to be resistant to the majority of antibiotics but there are some natural products mentioned that it is supposedly susceptible to. However I have tried several of these, things like Berberine, Oregano, Uva Ursi but they obviously haven't worked.

I have just changed to Activa yoghurt but I make my own from this because I don't like all the sugar in it and I am also taking Neem and Prescript Assist which hopefully might give me more beneficial bacteria because I am very low in all of this, the idea being that if these will build up they might well eliminate the bad stuff.

Pam

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
With Oregano oil it depends what brand is used, and how it's used. For a comprehensive protocol this page contains interesting information from one of the pioneers in the use of Wild Oregano Oil. The page focuses on W.O.O as an anti-fungal but it's also an excellent anti-bacterial.

ljimbo423

It appears to be resistant to the majority of antibiotics but there are some natural products mentioned that it is supposedly susceptible to. However I have tried several of these, things like Berberine, Oregano, Uva Ursi but they obviously haven't worked.

Hi Pam- I was at another forum a few days ago and someone posted there cdsa test results for citrobactor and what it was most sensitive to. There results said that it was more sensitive to plant tannins and uva ursi than berberine and oil of oregano.

Do your test results tell you which herbal supplements citro. is more sensitive to? If it does, you might want to use just the ones it is most sensitive to. I had testing done and have pathogenic levels of Pseudomonas Aeruginosa. Another very antibiotic resistant bacteria.

My test results say it is sensitive to plant tannins and uva ursi, but only has an "intermediate" sensitivity to berberine and oil of oregano. So I am trying to take the herbs it is most sensitive to, to get rid of it.

Jim

svetoslav80

From wikipedia:
These bacteria can be found almost everywhere in soil, water, wastewater, etc. They can also be found in the human intestine. They are rarely the source of illnesses, except for infections of the urinary tract and infant meningitis and sepsis.
So why would you want to remove them? Do they cause any problems for you. Did you go to a doctor?

bertiedog

Do your test results tell you which herbal supplements citro. is more sensitive to? If it does, you might want to use just the ones it is most sensitive to
Yes I have used the ones that were mentioned but it hasn't been successful. Could be there are too many of the other predominant bacteria that aren't great for my gut but meanwhile I am trying Neem plus Minocycyline for a month and changing my diet slightly.

There is a response already, much less bloating, calmer gut and more normal bowel movements. with a lot less constipation I tried adding in some barley to feed the beneficial bacteria but it caused a lot of the old symptoms within a day so I guess that is because I am intolerant of gluten. Had one oatcake (no sugar) yesterday and I was fine with that so might try taking in a bit of plain oats instead.

Pam

ahmo

I wrote a couple blogs about my detox protocols. The final effort I made last year I didn't write about. But I feel it was the simplest and worked, I never felt the need to do anything further after it. I can no longer recall whether it's only intended for Candida. That used pine oil (turpentine).

This is the primary doc from someone who works w/ patients using turpentine. You'll find a youtube vid from her also.
https://www.docdroid.net/urKBc1k/the-candida-cleaner.pdf.html

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/turpentine-for-healing.27015/

IreneF

There's a reason why antibiotics were such a success story. Many of them come from natural sources, too, usually soil fungi or other bacteria.

Last edited: