• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In Memory of Leslie Masland

ritasheart

Touch the heart of another with your own.
Leslie is now at peace and released from suffering from severe Type 1 diabetes and ME/CFS.

Leslie never married and her family was not supportive of her battle with ME/CFS. The last two years, I felt her slipping away, and when she didn't reply to an email from me this past June, I was afraid she was losing the battle, one she fought hard....alone.

It is not sinking in...she was still so young at 63.

I will miss her kindness and inspiration to fight each day and live it to the fullest. My comfort is that she will not suffer and be in pain anymore.

http://www.hoffmanfh.com/obituary/Leslie-Cay-Masland/Carlisle-PA/1751438

RIP Leslie, I will miss you and you will never be forgotten, friend.

Rita

ritasheart

Touch the heart of another with your own.
I'm very sorry for you loss, Rita. :(

Do you know how long Leslie had M.E.?

I appreciate that, Ysabelle. I have found out that Leslie and I had a mutual friend I had not know about until her death, and we have been able to share our grief over losing her in our lives and her own life being cut too short.

I don't remember the year, now, that she got ME/CFS, but it was at a minimum a couple of decades ago because I knew her 21 years and she had been sick a some years before that.

We were not nearly in as much contact after she had to have 24/7 home health nurses (4 years) and her finger joints were being attacked by her body, and she was getting unable to type along with her general health and function deteriorating..

Ysabelle-S

Highly Vexatious
I appreciate that, Ysabelle. I have found out that Leslie and I had a mutual friend I had not know about until her death, and we have been able to share our grief over losing her in our lives and her own life being cut too short.

I don't remember the year, now, that she got ME/CFS, but it was at a minimum a couple of decades ago because I knew her 21 years and she had been sick a some years before that.

We were not nearly in as much contact after she had to have 24/7 home health nurses (4 years) and her finger joints were being attacked by her body, and she was getting unable to type along with her general health and function deteriorating..

So sorry to hear she was ill so long and was so poorly. :(

Daffodil

Oh Gosh not another person lost to this. It is all too much.

I wish I knew her. She sounds wonderful and courageous.

Everytime I see that there is a new post on this thread, my heart sinks.