• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Opinions on de Meirlier

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
I said the opposite. Most people who don't believe in KDM think he can cure someone when that person doesn't really have ME (and had a false diagnosis). There's no evidence of either side so I can't tell.

Sorry, but what? What`s a false ME-diagnosis?

dadouv47

If you think infections like Lyme, EBV and other conditions like SIBO/leaky gut are irrelevant and ''anecdotes'', it's you who are acting like a PACE-author.

If you say that treating those conditions are not proven to treat ME, I will have to agree with you.

msf

Nope, again, you would have to prove that they were dishonest. It is kind of surprising that someone who studied law does not understand this.

A.B.

Ok, you´re going to have to start paying for these English lessons soon. That would only make him dishonest if he knew that he wasn´t helping the patients. And you have to prove that (please look up any troublesome words in the dictionary).

When I said his treatment made me worse he got angry, told me he is an expert and if I didn't believe in him that I should find another doctor (don't remember exact words due to memory issues but that was the gist of it). I was scared by my worsening of symptoms and the lack of alternatives and went along with that, and continued to see him for a while. Well at least I tried, but he took five months to send me another treatment recommendation for more antibiotics when I told him I didn't want any more antibiotics.

He seems to be unaware that he is harming patients, or doesn't care. Reminds me of the PACE authors.

Last edited:

Marky90

Nope, again, you would have to prove that they were dishonest. It is kind of surprising that someone who studied law does not understand this.

Literally facepalming so hard now. The physician has to have at least some peripheral reason for prescribing drugs, if he says it works without so, then yeah, that`s dishonest. Anyhow I am not suing KDM, a point you seem to completely miss. We`re not talking about if it`s possible to take him to court. Jeez.

Marky90

If you think infections like Lyme, EBV and other conditions like SIBO/leaky gut are irrelevant and ''anecdotes'', it's you who are acting like a PACE-author.

If you say that treating those conditions are not proven to treat ME, I will have to agree with you.

Lmao, did i even touch on those diseases? Stop. The topic is unwarranted drug prescriptions

Marky90

And btw, in Norway physicians have indeed been found guilty of wrongful practice for prescribing drugs off-label on a grand scale, outside of research-based treatment.

msf

Ok, let me spell it out for you. The distinction I was really hoping you would understand, but which you somehow failed to, is between dishonesty and incompetence. If you prove that a particular doctor is harming his patients, you would then have to prove that it was a case of a.) rather than b.) for them to be a crook. I think I will start charging you for law lessons as well.

Last edited:

msf

And btw, in Norway physicians have indeed been found guilty of wrongful practice for prescribing drugs off-label on a grand scale, outside of research-based treatment.

I´m guessing you weren´t the prosecutor.

Marky90

Ok, let me spell it out for you. The distinction I was really hoping you would understand, but which you somehow failed to do so, is between dishonesty and incompetence. If you prove that a particular doctor is harming his patients, you would then have to prove that it was a case of a.) rather than b.) for them to be a crook. I think I will start charging you for law lessons as well.

Thanks, but your the last person I would ever consult for anything. For your information, it`s not relevant if patients were harmed or not, as in Norway the principle is that experimental treatment has to be given in studies, unless the patients are actually dying. And for the last time, I am not suing KDM, I`m pointing out that he`s a crook. I dont give two cents about your layman understanding of the law

msf

Provide the evidence that he is a crook in the English meaning of the word, as I asked you to several pages ago, and which you have completely failed to do so far. I never addressed the evidence base for his prescriptions in my replies to your posts, so if you just admit you don´t have any evidence for your claim I will relent and you can debate the evidence base with anyone who cares to do so.

Marky90

Provide the evidence that he is a crook in the English meaning of the word, as I asked you to several pages ago, and which you have completely failed to do so far. I never addressed the evidence base for his prescriptions in my replies to your posts, so if you just admit you don´t have any evidence for your claim I will relent and you can debate the evidence base with anyone who cares to do so.

By definition it`s dishonest to claim something works without evidence, especially as a physician. If any studies would support his claims, I would change my mind, but they don`t exist. Feel free to continue with your wrongful semantics, though your`e not convincing anyone but yourself.

msf

Okay, one more time: YOU NEED TO PROVE THAT HE BELIEVES THERE IS NO EVIDENCE FOR HIS TREATMENTS. Now, a particular doctor may believe there is evidence when there actually isn´t, which as we said before, wouldn´t be dishonest, but incompetent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marky90

Okay, one more time: YOU NEED TO PROVE THAT HE BELIEVES THERE IS NO EVIDENCE FOR HIS TREATMENTS. Now, a particular doctor may believe there is evidence when there actually isn´t, which as we said before, wouldn´t be dishonest, but incompetent. And that is all the time I have for English lessons for today.

Give me the evidence.

No?

Thought so.

dadouv47

A moderator should intervene because someone disagrees with you. Right.

I'm not speaking about me. I didn't agree with you and you with me but we only talked about KDM & his approach.

On the other hand, your discussion with msf was way off-topic (from both parts I should say)

Keep cool. Don't need to be so rude.