• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Opinions on de Meirlier

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
KDM actually 'makes' little money from his clinic, which is run as a non profit. He doesn't make enough money to actually run the entire clinic, takes a very low wage and no longer has any financial interest in Redlabs.

I don't always think he is right, but I have never seen a Dr who worked harder to try and alleviate suffering or who had more empathy for our plight.

I was sadly in the 10% of patients who get worse. However I am quite clear that it was not necessarily his treatments that made me worse, rather the treatments unmasked my MCAS which when I tried to push through resulted in worsening MCAS and hence more severe ME.

I have met very many patients at the clinic from all over the world who have had good responses to treatments that are not specifically for M.E, but for the dysfunctions that ME causes along the way such as leaky gut, MCAS, bacterial infections, food intolerances etc.

He also was able to diagnose me with a MVP with regurgitation which was missed by an NHS clinic on three occasions and which causes symptoms that I have been complaining about for years. Thanks to him I now have correct monitoring from an NHS clinic for this heart issue.

So he makes no money?.. Smh.. Either way it`s not my issue, it`s charging so much without any foundation that`s not right.

Marky90

If you find leaky gut in your patients your ME, is it irrelevant to treat them for leaky gut? I don't think so. You can claim that you can't cure ME by treating leaky gut (while he thinks it's very important), but those two things are different.

How exactly do you "find" leaky gut?

msf

Oh dear, you can be a crook without breaking the law. Where are the studies. Show me a single one.

crook
kro͝ok/
noun
noun: crook; plural noun: crooks
informal
a person who is dishonest or a criminal.

You have completely failed to prove either.

Marky90

Haha, this is ridiculous. You either have no understanding of law, or you are just aware that trolls are generally able to operate outside of it. Back in the real world, you have to actually be able to prove that someone is dishonest, otherwise you can get sued for libel. But please, go ahead and enjoy the complete lack of accountability of the internet.

Welp.. Since you bring it up, i actually have a law degree. And in Norway you cant sue people for being rational

Marky90

crook
kro͝ok/
noun
noun: crook; plural noun: crooks
informal
a person who is dishonest or a criminal.

You have completely failed to prove either.

Really.. He says something works without data. That is simply dishonest from a physician.

dadouv47

You also dismiss something very important. I don't need to tell how vague CFS diagnosis is, and how it's difficult to know if someone has ME or not. Many people go to KDM with a ''CFS'' diagnosis, and then he finds an infection and treat them.

I can't tell if they had ME in the first place. Maybe not. But they are pretty happy about going there while no other Doctor wanted to treat them and being healthy again.

msf

Welp.. Since you bring it up, i actually have a law degree. And in Norway you cant sue people for being rational

Well, I´m an English teacher, and I do not like people using words wrong. I will forgive you though, as you are not a native speaker.

msf

Really.. He says something works without data. That is simply dishonest from a physician.

Ok, you´re going to have to start paying for these English lessons soon. That would only make him dishonest if he knew that he wasn´t helping the patients. And you have to prove that (please look up any troublesome words in the dictionary).

Marky90

You also dismiss something very important. I don't need to tell how vague CFS diagnosis is, and how it's difficult to know if someone has ME or not. Many people go to KDM with a ''CFS'' diagnosis, and then he finds an infection and treat them.

I can't tell if they had ME in the first place. Maybe not. But they are pretty happy about going there while no other Doctor wanted to treat them and being healthy again.

I`ve dismissed that? Actually I am very aware of that. Nonetheless anecdotes are nothing more than anecdotes. You`re free to go to KDM, as much as you`re free to be healed over telephone services

dadouv47

I`ve dismissed that? Actually I am very aware of that. Nonetheless anecdotes are nothing more than anecdotes. You`re free to go to KDM, as much as you`re free to be healed over telephone services

Where is the anecdote? That's pretty important IMO.
It's also a big argument for those who don't believe in KDM treatment for ME : they didn't have ME in the first place. I'm unable to answer.

Marky90

Ok, you´re going to have to start paying for these English lessons soon. That would only make him dishonest if he knew that he wasn´t helping the patients. And you have to prove that (please look up any troublesome words in the dictionary).

It does not matter what he thinks he does, in a professional setting what matters is no data.

Marky90

Where is the anecdote? That's pretty important IMO.
It's also a big argument for those who don't believe in KDM treatment for ME : they didn't have ME in the first place. I'm unable to answer.

Where is the anecdote? Err, well from you and MSF for example?

Patients not getting response from KDM does not have ME? Please enlighten me, it sounds very much like what certain PACE-authors would assume

msf

Nope, you can´t just make up the meanings of words like that. I would not do that in Norwegian, so please extend the same courtesy to my own language.

dadouv47

Where is the anecdote? Err, well from you and MSF for example?

Patients not getting response from KDM does not have ME? Please enlighten me, it sounds very much like what certain PACE-authors would assume

I said the opposite. Most people who don't believe in KDM think he can cure someone when that person doesn't really have ME (and had a false diagnosis). There's no evidence of either side so I can't tell.

Marky90

Nope, you can´t just make up the meanings of words like that. I would not do that in Norwegian, so please extend the same courtesy to my own language.

Yeah ok, so physicians claiming meds have effect without evidence is not dishonest. Seems I`m not the one with a lack of understanding of definitions here.