• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Peterson (WPI) and Prof de Meirleir at XMRV ME/CFS conference in Madrid, May 26th

Rivotril

http://www.plataformafibromialgia.org/index.php/conferencias/401-invitacion-xmrv-y-sfc-jormadas.html

Invitacin a Jornada sobre el Sndrome de Fatiga Crnica y Enfermedades Relacionadas con expertos internacionales el 26 de mayo de 2010 en Alcobendas (Madrid).

La Jornada se reparte en dos sesiones:
- El XMRV, un nuevo retrovirus (9.30-11.20h)
- EL SFC, un trastorno intestinal, inmunolgico y neurotxico?
(11.50-13.50h)

C/ Einstein 8, 3 planta
28108 Alcobendas, Madrid

Telfonos: 91 229 40 38 (principal) 91 567 15 56
Fax: 91 567 15 57
Comunicaciones por:
Dr. Daniel Peterson (EEUU), Director Mdico del Instituto Whittemore Peterson en EEUU, donde se descubri el retrovirus XMRV en la sangre de pacientes con Sndrome de Fatiga Crnica (SFC)

Dr. Kenny De Meirleir (Blgica), Director de la clnica Himmunitas, donde ha tratado a ms de 10.000 pacientes con sntomas de Sndrome de Fatiga Crnica (SFC) y Fibromialgia (FM)

Sorry, I'm from the Netherlands, so I don't understand spanish...
Anyone from Spain here who knows more about this upcoming event?

leaves

thats weird.. Does he still call himself the director of WPI?
I hope he changed his mind!!!

D

DysautonomiaXMRV

Really hoping for some positive news, other than the hint about NKC being infected with XMRV, (on top of knowing about T & B Cells) we haven't heard much but negative news. :(

Rita

It will be very interesting to hear Dr Daniel Peterson and Dr. Kenny de Meirleir in the same conference.Hope the can make a video of the conference.
Its only for doctors, but there are few interested in CFS in Spain.
There is usual that a doctors tell us that "I have no idea of CFS" or "Do you have CFS?, Thats not very important nor serious , a lot of people has.."

Rita

In fact, is something like advertising of REDLasbs, the lab in Europe who has test specifically for CFS, like RNase.

leaves

Oh I care a lot, I am still hoping he stays with WPI, and consider it a good sign that he is still "campaigning" for WPI. .

leaves

You know, Dr De Meirler thinks XMRV is only a oportunistic virus, no the probably cause of the CFS.Dr.Peterson thinks the same?

http://www.diagnosesupport.com/health/

You can see here his latest videos, after the Science paper.

I think Dr Meirleir has changed his oppinion, at least that is what I heard from one of his patients. At this point he DOES consider it a potential cause.

Rivotril

You know, Dr De Meirler thinks XMRV is only a oportunistic virus, no the probably cause of the CFS.Dr.Peterson thinks the same?

http://www.diagnosesupport.com/health/

You can see here his latest videos, after the Science paper.

Rita, I didn't know that...
If so, XMRV will be the first opportunistic virus against which healthy people have almost no antibodies ..
Nancy Klimas explained before that, in all opportunistic infections associated with ME/CFS (like EBV), healthy people have also significant antibodies against it , I have posted the link where she talks about his issue here before...but here it's again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXMTXhqb3n8 from 1.35m

It's not proven that it's not opportunistic, but it sounds very unlogical to me...

Does De Meirleir say this in any of this videos?

As far as I know (I'm also one of his patients), he just said that he's not absolutely sure yet that it is THE cause...
Last time I spoke to him was last March

Rivotril

Oh I care a lot, I am still hoping he stays with WPI, and consider it a good sign that he is still "campaigning" for WPI. .

sorry, at first I didn't understand what u meant, what you were talking about...when you said "hope he changed his mind"... and the point what he called himself
Now I get the point...my brains don't work always as good as they used to be, I guess

But I fully agree with you! just totally misunderstood your whole point :)

Rita

Well, Dr De Meirleir speaks about XMRV on minute 2:24 on the second part.The first time I hear him I had the idea he thinks is only oportunistic.I cant hear all the videos now,but Im very glad if he takes it very seriously.We want and need to have a cause of our illness,so a treatment can be made.
De Meirleir is the best CFS doctor in Europe, at big difference of others and is fighting again the health authorities in all Europe to convince them to treat seriously the CFS patients.He also says in this web is trying that his test and treatments enter in the Social Security(Heath Spanish Service), because some patients cant pay the cost of his test and visits.He charges about 2000 euros (visit and some tests).Thats a lot of money in Spain . But money is not so important than health...and live life.

Rita

i know a couple of patients of dr. peterson and i am pretty sure he feels that XMRV is probably the cause of CFS.

Yes, we want to believe it, but is "politically incorrect", by the moment , doctors can affirm that.
We are in times of change and I dream the day they can assure it with complete certainty.
We see every day people , researchers ,journalist , with dark interests in demostrate the opposite.
Hard to understand why they are fighting again us.