• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A quick survey for ME patients

Kati

Patient in training
Hi,

I have a couple questions for patients who meet the Canadian Consensus criteria.
This is just a general survey which may help a researcher focusing on aspects of research that is of interest to them. It may help formulate research question or hypothsis

I will not keep tabs on who is who, i will simply collect numbers and deidentified data. (Patient 1, patient 2). You may decide to send a private message if you do not want to disclose these numbers publicly. The private message will be deleted once i have put the data in excel.

1) Age
2) Sex
3) how long sick
4) meet criteria for Canadian Consensus? (Yes or no)
5) BMI (can be calculated here )
6) HDL (high density lipoprotein) please write down the unit and reference range as it may vary from country to country)
7) sitting blood pressure
8) Are you on any blood pressure medication
9) have you been diagnosed with POTS, OI, or NMH (specify which)

Thank you.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
It might help to include a link to the Canadian Consensus Criteria. I have no idea if I meet them.