• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Clinical features and diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome (systemic exertion intolerance disease)

slysaint

Clinical features and diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome (systemic exertion intolerance disease)

Author
Stephen J Gluckman, MD
Section Editor
Mark D Aronson, MD
Deputy Editor
Howard Libman, MD, FACP

"INTRODUCTION

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), also known as systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID), has received considerable attention but remains a complicated and controversial disease [1]. Much of this is due to the lack of objective findings. Nonetheless, patients with CFS/SEID have real symptoms and are not malingerers. The prevalence of this syndrome is unclear in part due to difficulties in proving the diagnosis."

https://www.uptodate.com/contents/c...yndrome-systemic-exertion-intolerance-disease

A.B.

This was updated a few days ago. Unfortunately the full article is accessible only for subscribers.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
This was updated a few days ago. Unfortunately the full article is accessible only for subscribers.
Is this any good?

I went to 'subscription options', 'UpToDate Subscriptions for Patients and Caregivers', into 'search patient content', searched for 'cfs/seid' and chose the first of the 3 options.

I got a slightly different but more-complete page which mentions SEID. It does have a rather equivocal piece on GET!