• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Apelles Econs

Hilary

Has anyone in the UK seen Dr Econs? I know someone with gut/eating issues (I forget what exactly) who speaks very highly of him but they don't have ME. He practises environmental and nutritional medicine.

Hi Hilary I haven't seen him but I think @Cozi was seeing him. I don't know how she got on though. Sorry. I am looking for someone to help me too but not come across anyone yet. Dr Econs sounds pretty good.

Hilary

hi @wiltedflower77 - yes I think he sounds good and he's someone I can get to relatively easily. I know of someone who saw him for eating/food allergy issues and she thinks he's brilliant. Someone else on PR has seen him (she isn't able to post publicly at the moment) and although I believe it's early days regarding progress, he is apparently very kind and sympathetic.

I'm quite interested in many of the tests and treatments he offers as I'm sure - for me at least - this revolves to a great extent around liver/gall bladder dysfunction/digestion/dysbiosis...

:hug:

Hi @Hilary sorry for late reply. Dr Econs does sound like he may be able to help. It's interesting on his website it says 80%, of people CFS have history of classic allergies. That's definitely true for me. Just a bit hesitant to try his clinic because my food gut problems are not allergies there intolerances and I've tried so many things already e.g gut healing, elimination diets, anti candida/bacterial/ virus herbs etc. Nothings helped. If I had unlimited supply of money id definitely go for it though. Let me know what you decide. Good luck

Hilary

Hi @wiltedflower77 - am seeing him Monday. As far as I'm aware, my only allergy is nickel but I may be wrong. The nickel allergy started out as just showing on my skin (rashes from jewellery etc) but apparently after some years it becomes systemic causing neurological and digestive issues. I did a cleanse which certainly seemed to reduce significantly the number of headaches I was getting.

So what I'm trying to say - in a rather roundabout fashion - is that maybe allergies don't necessarily show up in an obvious way but instead have a more insidious way of behaving?? I'll be interested to find out if I have any others, although, like you, I think my gut is just intolerant of some things but not actually allergic.

I'll let you know how I get on. Trying to find answers feels like looking for the proverbial needle in an entire field of haystacks.....;)

Well done for biting the bullet and booking the appointment. I've emailed 6 ecological Dr's all from the Myhill website and am just getting replies and then figuring out which one would be best suited for me. Good luck with your appointment, hope it goes well.☺ yes finding answers is not easy in this game.

Hilary

Well done for biting the bullet and booking the appointment. I've emailed 6 ecological Dr's all from the Myhill website and am just getting replies and then figuring out which one would be best suited for me. Good luck with your appointment, hope it goes well.☺ yes finding answers is not easy in this game.
:hug: