• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Crawley -What treatments work for anxiety in children with chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephal

Don't know if this has been posted; pretty predictable
What treatments work for anxiety in children with chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME)? Systematic review
http://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/7/9/e015481

Spoiler alert:
"Conclusion We do not know what treatment should be offered for children with both anxiety and CFS/ME. Further research is therefore required to answer this question."

Let me guess...........CBT and GET maybe?

NelliePledge

didnt get past reading the first sentence @slysaint
Anxiety is more prevalent in children with chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) than in the general population.

All I could think was I dunno about children with ME in general but I bloody bet it is in the kids who get referred to her they must be scared witless

#cruelladecrawley

didnt get past reading the first sentence @slysaint
Anxiety is more prevalent in children with chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) than in the general population.

All I could think was I dunno about children with ME in general but I bloody bet it is in the kids who get referred to her they must be scared witless

#cruelladecrawley

well they might also have health anxiety (currently being called cyberchondria (see other thread))...................which just might be because they are ill and the doctors don't appear to know how to treat them?:aghhh:

anni66

mum to ME daughter
Don't know if this has been posted; pretty predictable
What treatments work for anxiety in children with chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME)? Systematic review
http://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/7/9/e015481

Spoiler alert:
"Conclusion We do not know what treatment should be offered for children with both anxiety and CFS/ME. Further research is therefore required to answer this question."

Let me guess...........CBT and GET maybe?
What treatments are offered to children with cancer and anxiety, kidney disease and anxiety, cerebral palsy and anxiety ........

Starlight

After all her years of research into ME CFS she still hasn't reached any knowledge or understanding of it.I doubt that she can diagnose anxiety in children either.I wonder what this opinion is based on.I often think that I wouldn't wish this illness on anyone but on some very rare occasions I almost do,purely for educational purposes . if some of these idiotic researchers could just have a strong belt of it for about a year,and I don't mean mild,maybe it would change something. I am becoming really cynical about ms.Crawleys (and others of her brigade) involvement in research into this illness among children.imagine getting sick and then having to worry about being taken from your home.im not becoming cynical,I feel almost despair when I think of Ms Crawley and her cronies having any involvement with children who have this illness.

HowToEscape?

Just watching a Channel 4 Documentary Educating Greater Manchester a teenage girl really struggling at school and self harming - her mother had died age 30 just a few years earlier. Psychs should be helping people like her not harassing teenagers with ME.

How is a psych going to help? The girl needs a Mom.