• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Emergency Hurricane Irma help for sick ME friend; super easy via Amazon “wish list”

RivkaRivka

Hi all, if this post is not appropriate to post on Phx Rising, I'll totally understand, and please simply let me know or remove the post. I'm actually really worried about my friend described below. -- Rivka

Emergency Hurricane Irma help for sick ME friend; super easy via Amazon “wish list”

We set up an Amazon “wish list” to help my friend in Florida who is living with the same terrible chronic illnesses many of you have: severe ME/CFS, as well as severe chemical/food sensitivities. My friend is bedridden. She can’t evacuate Hurricane Irma, nor be in a public shelter due to chemical sensitivities. Her caregiver also struggles with health and can’t secure pre-storm provisions. How to help? This Amazon “wish list” allows you to buy them storm provisions they desperately need.

Please forward this notice, and if you decide to help, please do so right away!

Hurricane Irma Support for Sick Friend
Amazon Wish List: http://a.co/1GLWMmO

Best,
Rivka

Donated for you @bspg :hug:

Best wishes for your friend @RivkaRivka , I note that the green party in Houston is working on the ground to help people, and wondered if the same will be true in florida.

Here's a list of the local affiliates if it's of any use to you https://gpfl.org/affiliates/ .

If I hear of any more potentially useful people or information for contact will post it here and hope others will too. Sounds like smaller groups who work on the ground are the best for help, support and info.

:hug:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
@Sushi is there any way we can give this thread more exposure?
The only way I can think of is posting on it--each person who posts, pops it to the top of the New Posts list. So sorry that your friend is in the awful situation @RivkaRivka . One of my close friends is on St. John and it looks like they took a direct hit. No way to contact her, very concerned.

@RivkaRivka
I can't access the address of your friend somehow. If I go from the cart to 'proceed to checkout', I only see my address and no other one. I'm in Europe, that shouldn't make a difference?

@RivkaRivka
I can't access the address of your friend somehow. If I go from the cart to 'proceed to checkout', I only see my address and no other one. I'm in Europe, that shouldn't make a difference?

I had the same problem @PinkPanda, solved it by logging in, then pasting the address in the post, then there was a small thing to click on the delivery page if I remember right.

Send to the wish list address or something similar. It was under a picture on the left hand side. Sorry if that's not much help.

Best wishes to Sushi's friend too, fingers crossed.

gettinbetter

Let me put it differently
Approximately 60 people died in Harvey and some 1200 in a flood in India recently
Rivka if your friend is unable to be evacuated and she is overcome by waters how will she survive?
Can people just send her a little money ?

Last edited:

Wonko

Let me put it differently
Approximately 60 people died in Harvey and some 1200 in a flood in India recently
Rivka if your friend is unable to be evacuated and she is overcome by waters how will she survive?
Does it need spelling out to you?

It's not a good situation.

If you're willing, able and capable of doing as the OP asked then please do so, but enough of the survival questions please?

Last edited:

Binkie4

So sorry @RivkaRivka

I too am having problems with finding a delivery address as @PinkPanda describes but I am not at all computer savvy.

@Luther Blissett - I am sorry that I couldn't progress even with your help. Is it possible to break down the instructions into short steps?

Am just wondering about delivery, about infrastructure. Am very happy to send anyway; have selected something unbreakable.

Wonko

@Binkie4

Log in to your amazon.com account. Close that page. Click on the link in the first post. Select your donation in the amazon page that opens up. Go to basket. Select your payment method. The next page is delivery address, you should have your registered address on the top left and top right should be an address for the wish list holder, most of which is blanked out. Select this one. If it isn't there then you do have a problem

I too worried about delivery dates, it doesn't seem to be possible to get anything there before next Wednesday, so I unfortunately had to change my initial selection in favour of food items, as these will be useful whenever they get there.

It worked for me. I don't really know what I did differently. I added the items to the shopping cart, went to 'Proceed to checkout' and then signed into my account and the additional address appeared with mine. Maybe when I tried before, I had already signed into my account earlier?

Binkie4

Thank you @Wonko. Success.

An address appeared and then I could go through payment method.
Closing the page and clicking on the link in the first post here seemed to produce a way though.

Delivery by 13/09.

EDIT: the words first post were substituted for clarity

Last edited: