• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

samento anyone tried it for M.E.?

Hey M.E. warriors!

Please can anyone tell me if they have or are currently taking Samento? If you are, or have, any information on your experiences, results would be greatly welcomed. Please can you state your level of severity with M.E. also as I have severe M.E.

THANKS GUYS

Hanna

I took Samento 2 years as a part of a simplified Nutramedix protocole for Lyme (cf Dr Cowden)... not for ME. But as I have also ME I didn't see any positive change in my symptoms like exhaustion, PEM.
When using it, it is advised to ramp-up the dose (1 additionnal drop each time).

Jenny

Hey M.E. warriors!

Please can anyone tell me if they have or are currently taking Samento? If you are, or have, any information on your experiences, results would be greatly welcomed. Please can you state your level of severity with M.E. also as I have severe M.E.

THANKS GUYS

Used it about 10 years ago for 6 months. Had to increase dose very slowly as it made me feel worse for a while. But it had no impact on my ME. My condition is moderate.

Thanks Hanna, that's really interesting because every article I have found on internet is positive and I was thinking if it works so well for everyone why don't we all take it. Did you notice any improvement in other symptoms? I have terrible leg pain and wonder if it may eventually heal this symptom.

Used it about 10 years ago for 6 months. Had to increase dose very slowly as it made me feel worse for a while. But it had no impact on my ME. My condition is moderate.
Thanks Jenny, really good to know as you get your hopes up that this will be the one thing that might help ease the suffering even just a bit, especially when all you read is how people how recovered from it!

I too have severe M.E and tried Samento.

It caused almost immediate autoimmune Scleritis that was agony and took a month to resolve.

I tried a few drops several months later and within an hour could feel pain returning in my eye so have not
touched it again.

I would advise caution.

I too have severe M.E and tried Samento.

It caused almost immediate autoimmune Scleritis that was agony and took a month to resolve.

What is autoimmune sclerotia and what are the symptoms themjay? What dosage were you on?

JES

Hey M.E. warriors!

THANKS GUYS

You can just use plain Cat's Claw and get basically the same effects, at least according to Dr. Buhner. I think this herb is a good candidate if you have mycoplasma, lyme or other bacterial infection. It's also apparently a COX-2 inhibitor, so might reduce inflammation. It didn't have any particular positive impact for me though.