• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New articles on how to exercise/sweat away your ME or cross my palm with silver and I will cure you

Forbin

Does anyone else find this early Christmas shopping advert a bit disturbing? :wide-eyed::

"Special 10% off offer on all child therapy for the month of December (Quote 'Happy For Christmas')"

Maybe we're just misinterpreting the the term "child therapy."

6cba76739b4854a4b687e558e45f56a5.jpg

alex3619

Actually it's a bargain, because after this course of therapy your child will be happy with virtual presents so you end up saving more than the cost of the course, leaving both you and your child "Happy For Christmas".
Virtual clothes, food, and paying of medical bills? If they think you paid their medical charges is that good enough? I can sense a lot of savings in my future ... oh, unless they are only virtual savings. [Satirical]

Molly98

They've deleted most of the comments - certainly all of the ones which made scientific references. I used the contact form to strenuously object to the article, the removal of comments, and their employment of the author.

Yes I have noticed this too, I have just been on and written another comment as my first one was deleted even though it was in no way rude or abusive. It seems they have deleted any which reference any science

Countrygirl

The link on the first page doesn't seem to work for me anymore. It didn't get removed in the last 5 minutes, did it?

I have just tried again and it says the page doesn't exist anymore.

We have da power! :balloons:

Well done comrades! :hug::hug::thumbsup:

Now what is the name of that pisky UK medical rag?............

..................oh, yes, The Lancet.

............Now we have cut our teeth on SteadyHealth, the UK rag should be no sweat. PACE next target!:thumbsup:

trishrhymes

I see one of the many collections of alphabet soup after her name is DPLT - diploma in past life therapy for which she assures us she has done the intensive training and passed the exams.

I think I'll be one of the witches from Macbeth in my past life.

I rather fancy regressing to being someone very ugly and very scary. Anyone care to join me?

ccb7a0542011bb38214196980e1d2acde658330e.gif

Molly98

I have just tried again and it says the page doesn't exist anymore.

We have da power! :balloons:

Well done comrades! :hug::hug::thumbsup:

Now what is the name of that pisky UK medical rag?............

..................oh, yes, The Lancet.

............Now we have cut our teeth on SteadyHealth, the UK rag should be no sweat. PACE next target!:thumbsup:

It may well have been the threat of one of the posters saying that they were contacting their lawyer and another talking of legal action :);)

Perhaps they got a bit worried about what amounted to giving ill informed medical advice which could potentially leave patients severely disabled.

Countrygirl

It may well have been the threat of one of the posters saying that they were contacting their lawyer and another talking of legal action :);)

Perhaps they got a bit worried about what amounted to giving ill informed medical advice which could potentially leave patients severely disabled.

Yes, I read that and thought it would tickle them up a bit. Apparently, it did. :):thumbsup:

Hilary

I see one of the many collections of alphabet soup after her name is DPLT - diploma in past life therapy for which she assures us she has done the intensive training and passed the exams.

I rather fancy regressing to being someone very ugly and very scary. Anyone care to join me?

Oh yes please:woot::woot::woot: - but you may find there are rather too many applicants for the three places available....

Countrygirl

Some of us already are, @trishrhymes . I am the one in the middle. The photo was taken a few years ago.