• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone Else Have Head Pressure, Foggy Vision, Difficulty Driving

Oberon

Hi Everyone,

I'm really curious to see if anyone else has constant head pressure that makes it difficult to drive. This has been one of my most debilitating symptoms as I haven't been able to drive in years.

On a daily basis I have:
Head Pressure
Pain Above My Nose In Between My Eyes
Tooth Pain when it flares
Inability to Focus while Driving
Foggy Vision at times
Light Sensitivity

You would think it would be a Sinus infection, but my sinus CT scan was clear, and my head MRI was clear.

I was wondering if anyone else has these symptoms aside from the fatigue issues?

adelheid55

Hi, yes, my son has had it last winter. He went from one sinsusitis to a sore throat and then back again.
When these infections were ove the pressure between the eyes and foggy vision , pain at the forehead etc didn't go away. He saw lots of doctors (eye doctor 3 times, neurologists, infectiologists, dentists etc) and had some MRI's and a Sinus and tooth CT to no avail. He was told everything was OK
It got a bit better but he has difficulties when reading or working at his PC and doesn't like driving for a longer time.

He has recently been diagnosed with ME/CFS and post Lyme and is now being treated for this.

Valentijn

I was wondering if anyone else has these symptoms aside from the fatigue issues?
I have a constant headache which seems to be due to inflammation, unless I take 3g of a high EPA/DHA fish oil per day. It takes about a day for it to start working for me, and about a day for the headache to come back if I forget to take it.

lansbergen

I had it very bad. It is almost gone now.

I think it is the cranial nerves but I am not sure they are inflammed or effected by inflammation nearby like the blood vessels or lymphnode/vessels

Mohawk1995

Our son had significant sinus issues, head pressure and brain fog in addition to many other issues related to the CFS/ME. He is currently in recovery/remission and these are much better. We thought many times that he must have had a sinus infection when he did not. He did get them as well. Now his issues seem to be more seasonal allergy related and he actually recovers and gets back to "normal" within a week or so. He has significant weed allergies and August in Missouri is particular bad for that.

He was originally diagnosed as having Atypical Migraines. Interestingly Migraine sufferers have a lot of the same type of Sinus symptoms. Inflamatory/Histamine response issues are thought to be the culprit.

As for the Brain Fog/Difficulty Focusing, that is a hallmark symptom of this disease. Neuro-inflamatory related for sure. This is not present now that he is in recovery/remission.

belize44

I almost constantly have the pain in the area you describe, as well as pressure and slight pain behind my eyes. I had suspected sinus issues, but when I visited an ENT, he said that my although my sinuses were inflamed, I had no infection. He recommended an air purifier, no carpeting, putting bedding through the washer and dryer frequently, etc. But that wouldn't explain the pressure and oh, yes, the upper teeth pain too. :confused:

Wishful

I get the foggy vision while driving. The airflow from the vents dry my eyes out.

I guess that's not quite what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

HowToEscape?

Those are all symptoms of our disease. Very often each symptom is a little different than what the word commonly describes.

For example we have headaches but it's not the usual kind of headache; there is brain fog of a type and intensity that normally never occurs; there's a funny sensation around one's eyes that has no particular name, and you may be sensitive to light and have your field of view narrow. You might have a different subset of the symptoms at different times.

None of these things seem to make it into the disease definitions used by researchers, instead they use garbage like "feeling tired for an unknown reason for 6 months", something which could be caused by virtually any undiagnosed disease.

Oberon

Thank you everyone, it helps knowing I'm not the only one with these issues. I'm going to try the fish oil recommendation and hopefully it helps :)

Marc_NL

I almost constantly have the pain in the area you describe, as well as pressure and slight pain behind my eyes.
I have this too (pressure and slight pain behind my eyes), but not always.
When it comes it's usually early afternoon and stays for the rest of the day.
I'm always trying to figure out what triggers it.

Does anyone else have this, that you get this at a specific time of the day?

Mrs Sowester

Yes, I had to give up driving because I also have problems with depth of field perception if I try to push through those symptoms.
I've become a hilariously nervous passenger because I can't judge the speed of on coming vehicles anymore, it's got to the point that I cling onto the door handle yelling 'Aaargh!' if someone oncoming in the far, far distance overtakes a tractor. Every drive is a white knuckle ride these days. I think I'd have heart failure on a roller coaster!

lansbergen

Yes, I had to give up driving because I also have problems with depth of field perception if I try to push through those symptoms.
I've become a hilariously nervous passenger because I can't judge the speed of on coming vehicles anymore, it's got to the point that I cling onto the door handle yelling 'Aaargh!' if someone oncoming in the far, far distance overtakes a tractor. Every drive is a white knuckle ride these days. I think I'd have heart failure on a roller coaster!

When my daughter drives me she says: Mam shut up. you scare me. Close your eyes,

Nowadays I shout less and that is much saver.

jump44

I have this. Pressure on the sinuses, above the eyebrows, at the third eye area, on the nose, temples, top left side of head feels "numb" sometimes, pressure in teeth.

It's a nightmare. When I'm in a crash it's worse. No drainage from sinuses-at all. I think once when I started immunovir and when I was on aor probiotic I had some drainage and It felt like things were "moving".. it felt glorious. But after it was over the pressure, pain really didn't get any better.

rosie26

I have these head symptoms too. I don't have a car and would not be able to drive if I did have one. My eye focus and eye-to-brain (I think) is too slow. Also, my eyes tire very quickly so would not be safe driving.

When I'm in a crash it's worse. No drainage from sinuses-at all.
Same here. Drainage stops in crashes.

Last edited:

pattismith

Hi Everyone,

I'm really curious to see if anyone else has constant head pressure that makes it difficult to drive. This has been one of my most debilitating symptoms as I haven't been able to drive in years.

On a daily basis I have:
Head Pressure
Pain Above My Nose In Between My Eyes
Tooth Pain when it flares
Inability to Focus while Driving
Foggy Vision at times
Light Sensitivity

You would think it would be a Sinus infection, but my sinus CT scan was clear, and my head MRI was clear.

head pressure heart palpitation