• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for a cheaper source of ketotifen

bspg

Plant Queen
I've been taking 1mg ketotifen twice daily and my doctor wants to increase my dose to 2mg twice daily.

I'm okay with this but it's going to cost me $180/month through my current compounding pharmacy, which I cannot afford.

Does anyone have a cheaper source of ketotifen? Feel free to PM if you don't want to share publicly.

I would be surprised if this was an option for you, but german online pharmacies want ~20€ ($25) for 100x1mg (so roughly $30/month for 4mg/day). You have to have a prescription to order it though and as far as I am aware they only ship to Germany. I am mentioning it because... why in the world does it cost you 6 times as much!?

I don't think that will help you at all, but https://www.besamex.de/ technically carries it and https://www.docmorris.de/ketotifen-stada-1-mg-hartkapseln/03989425?sc=PKV (technically from the Netherlands) does as well (supplier is STADAPHARM both times). If you need a prescription to order you are usually out of luck, laws in that area this tend to be pretty strict.

But maybe someone else knows a loophole or some option that is at least, well... roughly on your half of the world ;(

edit: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/im-in-love-with-ketotifen.46548/ @Gingergrrl apparently paid $61/month for an unknown dosage as of last year, so maybe you can at least find a cheaper compounding pharmacy if you are lucky, and there may be a bit of a loophole via canada which I hope someone else can tell you about...

Last edited:

Gingergrrl

I'm okay with this but it's going to cost me $180/month through my current compounding pharmacy, which I cannot afford.

My compounding pharm is $60 for one months worth which for me equals 4 mg per day (even though I take a lower dose at present). It's still expensive but I think it would be less than what you are paying if I am calculating it right! I have no idea if they ship out of state but can give you the info via PM if you still need it.

bspg

Plant Queen
My compounding pharm is $60 for one months worth which for me equals 4 mg per day (even though I take a lower dose at present). It's still expensive but I think it would be less than what you are paying if I am calculating it right! I have no idea if they ship out of state but can give you the info via PM if you still need it.

Thanks @Gingergrrl! I'm reviewing all options at this point so if you wouldn't mind sharing the name via PM, I would very much appreciate it :)