• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

If you don't tolerate oral Magnesium, you might try this...

PeterPositive

Hello,
I have had issues with any Magnesium supplement since 2004-5, which coincided with a worsening of GI issues. Since then I've tried different oral forms, foot baths and dermal magnesium to no avail. Regardless of the formula or delivery system it would always trigger a bad intestinal response.

To give you an idea 50mg of any oral form are enough to bother my stomach and small intestine for hours.

A couple of months ago I tried a chewable tablet by Seeking Health, which is 100mg of DiMagnesium Malate. To my surprise I didn't get any stomach upset. I tried one more the next day and still no issues, so I kept going. These days I am taking 2 tablets a day with no side effects and I'll probably try to increase up to three.

I just wanted to share the experience as maybe this could be helpful to folks with similar hyper sensitivity to Mg supplements. For me it's been a real surprise, given that I had already given up all hopes.

The product name is "Active Magnesium" by Seeking Health. Price is typically around 20 bucks, so not the cheapest around, but it's a good brand. They use xylitol as sweetener and there's no mag stearate.

(It goes without saying that I have no interest in peddling this specific product other than for the reasons I explained)

If you try it let me know if it works for you as it did for me.

jason30

Thanks a lot for sharing. I react to all magnesium supplements so far, I am gonna try the DiMagnesium Malate.

Do you let it dissolve in your mouth?