• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Concrete evidence of cognitive dysfunction in ME

62milestogojoe

What's a forum then?
Okay, no worries. Its easy to get impassioned when its our own disease. I've guilty of the same thing myself. If you have any new questions about the study or about what I posted, tag me and I'll respond.
You hit the nail on the head. Will do.

62milestogojoe

What's a forum then?
Inflamation will decrease if you can find the causing agent and destroy it.
Is this part of the chain leading to the neuroinflammation? Autoantibodies reaction? The full thread is under Immunological section in the forums
kjTvPEO.jpg

IpIeqrR.jpg

lansbergen

I have no idea but the immunemodulator levamisole that I use is an allosteric modulator of α7-nAChR.

http://www.cell.com/neuron/pdfExtended/S0896-6273(16)00019-2
Brain a 7 Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor Assembly Requires NACHO

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28791958
The α7-nACh nicotinic receptor and its role in memory and selected diseases of the central nervous system.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/05/170504131902.htm
Discovery of new pathway in brain has implications for schizophrenia treatment

62milestogojoe

What's a forum then?
I have no idea but the immunemodulator levamisole that I use is an allosteric modulator of α7-nAChR.
Really interesting lansbergen-have you considered vaping nicotine as an alternative to levamisole? (I vape but only as a 95% safer alternative to smoking).

If you don't mind me asking, did you choose the drug on the basis of reduction in WBC count or specifically for the 'neuroprotective ' properties?

62milestogojoe

What's a forum then?
It might be interesting to look at the ME/CFS brain autopsies, and where they found enteroviral infection in the brain.
Thanks Hip. I have to say how saddened I was at the causes of death- hell...do we need answers with ME! I noted Chia had generalized infection whereas Richardson et al had much more specific infection with regard to localisation.

'Dsyfunction of sensory/autonomic nervous system' does not seem to be an altogether unsurprising conclusion...
BTW my search on Jesse's AAB brought up some interesting facts pertaining to vagus nerve but I thought it best to keep things as simple as possible in the AAB 'atlas' diagram.

My line of thought here is quite naive: I do not believe health authorities will consider ME with the gravity it deserves until there are definitive tests enabling a diagnosis. As a result, I think we might try to 1- gather evidence for AAB to potentially generate a ME spectrum ELISA screen test and 2 use PET as in Osaka to confirm evidence of neuroinflammation.

My rationale is also naive: if we can 'prove' clinically that we are very sick people then health authorities will be obliged to begin exploring treatment. Given the current state of affairs, they can effectively sweep us under the carpet, and as your link illustrates-people die as a result.

62milestogojoe

What's a forum then?
Not suddenly. It was a long slow process with tiny steps.

The first thing I noticed was it lessened the horrible pain enough to let me sleep a few hours.

Once I tried a larger dosis. That was great: pain gone and a deep relaxation but when it was used up the man with the hammer arrived. The short pain relieve was not worth the even far worse pain afterwoods. From then I stick to the low dosis every day.
Hi lansbergen. I am interested in trying Levamisole. I think you posted your dose somewhere but I can't find it. Could you tell me your dose please? The drug is relatively cheap which is useful.