• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Community Symposium on molecular basis of MECFS! DISCUSSION THREAD!

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

So I thought I'd start this thread where we can all have a discussion and post any thoughts-pre, during and post-Symposium!

Things are hotting up! The scientists that are flying in tonight and having dinner at the local hotel! I'm sure some good discussion will be had here. Janet @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) had also told me that her house is practically a production line at the moment with Ashley @AshleyHalcyoneH putting together the conference folders full of information for everyone!

So please post away, and myself and @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) will also be posting before and throughout the Symposium.

Enjoy,

B

Last edited:

perrier

Ok, forgive me for being a ninny but I have registered twice now and don't know how to get on once the event begins.

Do I reclick on register and where it says LIVE hope to get in once it all begins?

Can some one please outline how to hear the live stream step by step.

Thank you

perrier

I should add after the first registration no confirmation email arrived. Same just now....I reregistered and just checked-- no confirmation email

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
I'll be there. Wouldn't miss this for the world. :thumbsup:

Awesome @Webdog . Really glad to hear!

Ok, forgive me for being a ninny but I have registered twice now and don't know how to get on once the event begins.

Do I reclick on register and where it says LIVE hope to get in once it all begins?

Can some one please outline how to hear the live stream step by step.

Thank you

Hey @perrier

You can simply go to omf.ngo (OMF homepage) on Saturday at 9am Pacific Time and it will be viewable there.

B

Isn't it amazing and wonderful that everyone can watch the live streaming and watch the replay at their own pace? Love it and the people making it happen!

My daughter and I will be attending in person and live tweeting for Phoenix Rising, later we will write a few articles. Our initial focus will be on the personal experiences of the people there.

So,

What do you want to know about what’s going on there?

Who would you like to talk to?

What would you ask them if you were there?

If you are attending in person, come and find us. Tell us what it’s like for you. Tell us what you’re thinking.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
What would you ask them if you were there?
A general question, not sure who to direct it to, many people with ME/CFS seem to have varied etiologies, how much overlap do they think there is, is it the same condition or several under one umbrella?

I would ask Dr Davis where he expects the research to be 1, 2 and 5 years from now.
Also i would ask him how the recent funding changes affect his lab and what are the chances they will get the money they were writing up the grant for this spring.
I don't know if it would be appropriate to ask Dr Davis these questions directly though.

Can I make a request for screenshotting and sharing any good graphics, tables, charts or other visual information? I'm all about that data!
My experience tells me that people will be doing this from home, if not during the live stream, then later, when watching the YouTube video. They will probably also make a transcript of the speeches and everyone will discuss it endlessly, right here, on this thread.

I'd like to do what you can't do from home, to help you have a more personal connection to what's going on there. Talk to people for you. Let you know what they have to say. Ask questions for you.