• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Kent Holtrof or Phil Battiade?

silky

a gentle soul here to learn
Sorry for all the new posts but I couldn't find much on these two doctors.

I am in Orange County and have already seen Dr Chia. He was super smart and I think he will probably cure a good amount of patients one day but he wasn't able to help me just yet.

I read here: https://www.holtorfmed.com/a-confounding-condition/ that Dr Holtrof can double your energy by the fourth visit, which would be nice. But it could also be BS. I also heard he's very expensive

Dr Battiade is very expensive as well but I understand he uses many different modalities that help a lot of people.

Both of these guys kind of make me nervous to be honest. Dr Chia was so sincere but these guys seem a bit more like businessmen from their websites and videos. Which is ok of course but I don't want to throw money down the toilet even though I'm desperate

Bansaw

American doctors are in it for the money. The mentality in the US is that healthcare is a business. The mentality in Europe is that its a service. I saw Dr Lapp in NC, it cost me $1000 for a consult. I saw Dr. Meirleir in Beligum, it cost me $90 for a consult.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
Hi @silky

Welcome to PR

Dr Holtrof can double your energy by the fourth visit

You might want to ask this dr if he refunds money if your energy isn't 'doubled' by the fourth visit and also how he measures a 'doubling' of energy.
In other words, I doubt this guy is for real. If the claim sounds too good to be true and all that. But he probably can continue doing business this way because some of the people he sees are not sick. If you have ME you can be pretty sure he doesn't have the cure. If you're just tired (not you but whoever sees him for fatigue) than having spent time and money one would be likely to report a positive result.

It's understandable for you to feel desperate and commendable that you take the time to consider this before reacting to your desperation. Believe me we all want to be well here. Being realistic while maintaining hope is a learning curve. It's possible tomorrow will not be as awful and difficult as today.

Bansaw

@silky I would give Dr. Meirleir a try. He's a recognized world leader in CFS and significantly helps a majority of patients who come to him. He has a proven track record. He's sincere and does not charge over the top.
He mainly operates out of Belgium but actually does also see patients in Reno, Nevada.
I saw him last month.

SB_1108

Dr Holtorf and Dr Battiade are really two different types of doctors. Holtorf is an MD and you would receive ongoing therapy... supplements, medications, IVs, etc. Battiade is an ND and he runs Infusio - he doesn't actually treat US patients, only Germany patients. Infusio is not a long term care facility, they only do cell therapy (and a two week pretreatment). I'm not familiar with Holtorf's pricing but Infusio charges $25k for the two week pretreatment and cell therapy. After you leave Infusio, you really can't try any other treatments for 6 months to a year because it may interfere with the cell therapy. Battiade and Holtorf both have other doctors working with them though... I know Infusio has Dr Suzanne Kim in Beverly Hills and Holtorf has several doctors: https://www.holtorfmed.com/our-doctors/
I have been a patient at Infusio and Ryan Prior from Forgotten Plague once was (perhaps still is) a patient at Holtorf.

SB_1108

American doctors are in it for the money. The mentality in the US is that healthcare is a business. The mentality in Europe is that its a service. I saw Dr Lapp in NC, it cost me $1000 for a consult. I saw Dr. Meirleir in Beligum, it cost me $90 for a consult.

Interesting... when all was said and done with my appt, labs and travel to see KDM, I had spent about $10k.o_O My experience was very negative but I personally know others who have been helped by him.

IreneF

Sorry for all the new posts but I couldn't find much on these two doctors.

I am in Orange County and have already seen Dr Chia. He was super smart and I think he will probably cure a good amount of patients one day but he wasn't able to help me just yet.

I read here: https://www.holtorfmed.com/a-confounding-condition/ that Dr Holtrof can double your energy by the fourth visit, which would be nice. But it could also be BS. I also heard he's very expensive

Dr Battiade is very expensive as well but I understand he uses many different modalities that help a lot of people.

Both of these guys kind of make me nervous to be honest. Dr Chia was so sincere but these guys seem a bit more like businessmen from their websites and videos. Which is ok of course but I don't want to throw money down the toilet even though I'm desperate
Use the search box at the top of the page to look for posts about Holtorf. I think the consensus is that his clinics exist solely to separate you from your money.

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
What about Open Medicine Institute? @Ben Howell

Hi @MEMum

I saw Dr Chheda who was excellent. I am extremely happy with her as my Dr, despite being in UK so its not quite the same as an office consult now I am not in the US. But I have not had success from any treatment yet.

I believe Dr Kaufman and Dr Chheda are now separated from the old clinic too.

B

Gingergrrl

I believe Dr Kaufman and Dr Chheda are now separated from the old clinic too.

Yes, this is correct and they are now in a new private practice that is separate from OMI but only a few doors down on the same street. All current patients can choose to move to the new practice or to stay with OMI.