• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Wanted Research participants in Adelaide, Sth Australia

taniaaust1

From the SA ME/CFS society website. Unfortunately cause Im mid 40s, Im to old to partake in this even by phone if that was possible (pity as I was 26/27years old and in collage when I got ME/CFS and could share a lot about getting this as a young person and to loose most of ones life with this and of what its like to need support services but to be rejected as you are classifed as too young, so cant get any of the aged ones).

For those who dont know the ones from this university have done some quite good ME/CFS research in the past, Ive was in their carnatine (not sure how to spell it) studies done by another there.

Researcher: Gipsy Hosking, PhD Candidate, University of South Australia

I’m looking for Adelaide based people, aged 18-30 who are currently living with ME/CFS and/or Fibromyalgia.

If this is you then you are invited to participate in an 8-session group to collectively develop a resource for people living with ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia. This resource will be based on your stories of lived experience and may take a variety of forms such as a booklet, website, short film, photo essay, collection of short fiction etc – it will be up to the group to decide

Research Participants Wanted To Develop A Creative Resource About Living With ME/CFS And Fibromyalgia

South Australian news

Sunday 23 July 2017

From PhD candidate Gipsy Hosking (via email):

university_of_south_australia.png

Research participants wanted to develop a creative resource about living with ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia

31 May 2017

Researcher: Gipsy Hosking, PhD Candidate, University of South Australia

I’m looking for Adelaide based people, aged 18-30 who are currently living with ME/CFS and/or Fibromyalgia.

If this is you then you are invited to participate in an 8-session group to collectively develop a resource for people living with ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia. This resource will be based on your stories of lived experience and may take a variety of forms such as a booklet, website, short film, photo essay, collection of short fiction etc – it will be up to the group to decide. This is a chance to tell your story, to connect with others and to co-author a much-needed resource both to help others living with these conditions and to educate the general public.

This group is taking place as part of my PhD research project at UniSA on young adult’s lived experiences of ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia. The resource that we create will form the basis of my thesis discussion and analysis.

Please know that I have ME/CFS myself and I am mindful of the debilitating effects of these conditions. I aim to make the group as chronic illness friendly as I can.

For more information please contact me and I will send you a detailed information sheet or if you have facebook you can check out my Facebook page.

If you are interested in taking part or have any questions please contact me at Gipsy.Hosking@myuni.unisa.edu.au or 0408 266 075 or you can message me via the Facebook page www.facebook.com/GHresearch/.

Call for participants plain text.docx (135 KB)

Call for participants flyer.pdf (137 KB)

Participant Info Sheet.pdf (155 KB)

Last edited:

*GG*

Did you say this is posted on Facebook? I manage a Facebook page for 1 of the Groups of our Community in the USA, not sure of our reach, but perhaps if we posted it would help?

Even if not on Facebook, a succint link would do the job as well.

GG