• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Wego Health Awards: opportunity to recognise individuals & groups. Deadline September 1st

Anne

How does the WEGO process work? Should we now be endorsing "our" nominees, @Tom Kindlon and Jennifer Spotila?

Just checked the website. It seems we should be endorsing them and spread the word from now and until Sept 1.

ENDORSEMENTS
What is an endorsement?
An endorsement is a way to give nominees a visual show of support. The endorsement button is on each Nominee’s Profile and you can also see the number of endorsements that each nominee has received. The three nominees with the highest number of endorsements will automatically become part of the five finalists for that award category.

What happens when I endorse a nominee? Is it the same as voting?
Endorsements were created to give community members a chance to participate in the WEGO Health Awards. Think of it as a way to give a shout-out or virtual hug to your favorite Patient Leaders.

In response to feedback from the community, the endorsement process helps select top Patient Leaders to move on to the finalist round. The three most endorsed nominees in each award category will automatically become a finalist. There are five finalists within each category and the final award winner is selected by our panel of distinguished judges.

So, if you are nominated for an award, make sure you ask your friends, family, and community members to take a moment to endorse your efforts.

Can I endorse more than one person?
While you can only endorse each person’s Nominee Profile once, you can endorse as many people as you like. If you want to spread the love and endorse others, feel free to do so. We’ll be accepting endorsements July 10- September 1, 2017.

Do likes/tweets count as endorsements?
While showing your support through Facebook likes or tweets is appreciated by the nominees, we will not be counting that form of social media support towards endorsements.

Can I still become a finalist if I do not get a high number of endorsements?
Yes. While the three nominees with the highest endorsement numbers in each category will automatically become finalists, the rest of the finalists will be determined by numerous additional factors aside from endorsements by our judging panelists.

Can nominees endorse each other?
Absolutely. We want the Patient Leaders to be able to support each other. You can only endorse each nominee once, but you can endorse as many nominees as you’d like.

Can I ask my community to endorse me?
Of course, use your community to your advantage. Contact your Facebook communities, your social groups, foundations that you work with, and more. Get your community involved, have them check out your Nominee Profile and show their support by endorsing you.

When does the endorsement process start? When does it stop?
We’ll be accepting endorsements July 10- September 1, 2017. On September 4, 2017, we will calculate the endorsements and identify those who have been automatically selected to be a finalist in each award category. The rest of the finalists will be selected through our judging process.

What happens at the end of the endorsement process?
Following the conclusion of the endorsement process, we will calculate the number of endorsements for each nominee and select the top three endorsed Patient Leaders in each category to become finalists. The judging process will then continue with the remainder of the nominees to select the rest of the finalists in each category. Upon selection of the finalists in each category, the full judging process will begin.

@mango FYI

Tom Kindlon

Thanks @Tom Kindlon

I have endorsed both of you and will try to spread the word!

Thank you for all you are doing!
Thank you very much and everyone else who has endorsed me. I am now up to 104
Wego Health endorsements 104.JPG

Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon

Last edited:

Anne

Tom, is it just the one link, or different links for your different categories?