• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

what would you do

Hi Everyone
Three years ago i was a high level road race cyclist, who would incorporate running and other sports
into my daily life, like alot of people on here i got a virus, fever and severe fatigue,
numerous blood test showed nothing, MRI brain Scan like wise, obviously depression kicked in, very bad depression,
Over the three year period i have managed to come off depression medication, but from day one my symptoms
have never changed i get severe head pressure pain to the sides of my head and middle part of my head, never in the front.
i also get pain in my neck glands these are my only symptoms they last maybe 1hr a day at different times of the day, people question weather i have CFS, but i know it is because everytime i try to exercise,48 hours later the head pressure pain and neck gland pain return and are more severe, i would like some advice as to going
private to see someone or trying a different treatment, i have seen smaill inprovments through cold showers
twice a day, and acupuncture

Dechi

I don't know where you're from but it might be worth looking into Dr John Chia, in California.

if you try the cold showers, please keep us updated. There was a thread here on the cold stress:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ng-fatigue-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome.43010/
Hi
Yes i get more success from cold showers then any other treatment, for an example, if i feel the pain/ head pressure
pain in neck glands, soon as i get a cold shower lasting 3/4 mins, i can last almost the full day without any pain at all.
i dont know what effect it has on my body but i know 100% it works every single time

Seven7

Seven
Hmm might be the vasoconstriction from cold water, see of you feel worst on dilators ( sun, alcohol,... you can google) and do great on vassocontriction stuff. If so ( like me) I lead a somewhat normal life on vassocotnriction drug ( midodrine+ florinef). This might be a great clue for you!!!!

pattismith

Hi
Yes i get more success from cold showers then any other treatment, for an example, if i feel the pain/ head pressure
pain in neck glands, soon as i get a cold shower lasting 3/4 mins, i can last almost the full day without any pain at all.
i dont know what effect it has on my body but i know 100% it works every single time

seems great, I will try to try it!

*GG*

Welcome to the Forum, would be great if you did not have this dreaded misunderstood illness!

I have been riding bicycles for over 30 years now, still do, even though I am moderately impacted. I had the 2 day in a row exercise test done, on a bicycle, back in 2010. I only stopped riding my bike back in 2009 (or was it 2008?) , after suffering a big crash, exacerbation of symptoms!

Not sure why I am not severe like happens to many who continue to push themselves, but I do rest quit a bit as well, sleep 8 to 12 hours a night, take oxygen with my cPAP machine.

GG f

PS Feel free to PM me if I don't respond here, been on this site since 2009, you can find parts of my story all over the place :)

wastwater

Maybe you are overdoing it still and need rest,I like cycling and considered getting an electric bike