• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Share: article about University of Bristol and GET/CBT research

Jenny TipsforME

I was interviewed for this article and still completely missed it coming out yesterday! so I think it is worth sharing here as an advocacy action.

It is an investigative piece by the Bristol Cable but it covers enough of the international debate to be shared anywhere:

https://thebristolcable.org/2017/07...bristol-university-and-controversial-science/

You probably won't agree with everything, but overall it is balanced and in reasonable depth.:)

Jenny TipsforME

BTW it is possible to add comments to give more information. For example, I don't think the nuance of our objection to CBT quite came across (I did attempt to explain this) but someone else explained in the comments section.

SamanthaJ

Last edited:

Jenny TipsforME

I completely missed all coverage of it yesterday! Completely absorbed in other issues... I guess I should delete this thread!