• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

could this be a Parasite? (warning - Picture enclosed)

First I apologise for attaching a picture to this post but needs must!

I have chronic constipation (currently being investigated but most likely due to SIBO or an autonomic issue)
I have had two stool tests in the last year that indicated no /parasites/eggs (I have heard that they can be pretty inaccurate though)

At the moment I have to use enemas, and this horrible parasite looking thing came out today.

I haven't seen anything like it before I don't think, i have recently started taking a new probiotic that has really helped my overall fatigue levels and was thinking maybe it did something else

DO you think this is a parasite?

Not sure why its not letting me attach an image even though I used an image hoster and got the link

Here is the link - https://pasteboard.co/GzpqWgF.jpg

We don't give medical diagnoses on Phoenix Rising. People can guess what it is but the only way you can know for sure is to have it tested in a lab.

my mistake, i will change the title. I am getting a new test in a lab but not for 3/4 weeks so was just seeing if anyone had a guess

IreneF

Most intestinal parasites cause diarrhea, not constipation. Plus there are things you eat that can cause odd-looking things to come out the other end. Please discuss with yr. doc.

First I apologise for attaching a picture to this post but needs must!

I have chronic constipation (currently being investigated but most likely due to SIBO or an autonomic issue)
I have had two stool tests in the last year that indicated no /parasites/eggs (I have heard that they can be pretty inaccurate though)

At the moment I have to use enemas, and this horrible parasite looking thing came out today.

I haven't seen anything like it before I don't think, i have recently started taking a new probiotic that has really helped my overall fatigue levels and was thinking maybe it did something else

DO you think this is a parasite?

Not sure why its not letting me attach an image even though I used an image hoster and got the link

Here is the link - https://pasteboard.co/GzpqWgF.jpg

Apart from a parasite, it rather looks like mucus and or mucous membrane to me. Tell it to your doctor. Did you get tested for celiac? The thyroid? It can be bacteria as well.