• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Treatment options Ron Davis

sb4

You mean Gerald Pollack? Even if he was right it still wouldn't come close to meaning homeopathy works. Not to mention hundreds of medical trials where homeopathy did no better than placebo.

Yes I mean Gerald Pollack. If he is right, there is a plausible mechanism of which homeopathy could work. It involves the water structure around the original substance remaining, even after the original substance is gone.

Are those medical trials being done correctly? IDK.

I'm not bothered about a cure as long as there is an effective treatment that gives my quality of life back. I would be happy to never run a marathon or climb a mountain...I just want to take my tablets and enjoy the simple things in life again and not have the worry of future declines hanging over me.

I think Ron is our best bet by far, so I'm thinking 5 years to be a little more patient.

I agree. The never ending fear of future decline I found almost most difficult to handle. I'm terrified everyday that I will get worse. This disease doesn't have any limits at all. So anything that works by improving my condition I will be grateful for!

I'm really trying to be optimistic and hopeful. I often try to read success stories when I feel down. They comfort me :)

So If I understand it correctly Ron Davis treatment/research seems promising?

I agree. The never ending fear of future decline I found almost most difficult to handle. I'm terrified everyday that I will get worse. This disease doesn't have any limits at all. So anything that works by improving my condition I will be grateful for!

I'm really trying to be optimistic and hopeful. I often try to read success stories when I feel down. They comfort me :)

So If I understand it correctly Ron Davis treatment/research seems promising?
Yes he is our best chance by far in my opinion. I like that he is collaborating with a load of other researchers as well. :)

Tally

If he is right, there is a plausible mechanism of which homeopathy could work. It involves the water structure around the original substance remaining, even after the original substance is gone.

No it isn't. And don't forget, I poop and pee and throw up in water you drink. Cheers!

Are those medical trials being done correctly? IDK

No worries. I know. They were done correctly.

176 trials, 57 systemic reviews, on 68 different health conditions and homeopathy was effective in..... drumrollll..... 0 of those diseases:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...tic-review-no-evidence-it-works-a6884356.html

Last edited:

junkcrap50

Can we go back in time and you don't mention it ?
I'm sure there must be plenty of threads where homeopathy is already discussed - can the discussion move there?

Fine move it. I'm barely part of this discussion. I don't really believe in homepathy, but I don't care or have any problem if other people use or believe in it. I just came up with the idea of a suramin homeopathy because it would be inexpensive, available in the US, over the counter, harmless, and might be of interest to some people. I just shared it for others who are interested in homeopathy, not to start a debate about the topic. I was trying to be helpful. Goes to show what good that is. Debate all this someplace else. I'm out.

Tally

@BurnA I think it should be moved too. Homeopathy definitely doesn't belong in a thread with scientists like Dr. Davis

I just shared it for others who are interested in homeopathy, not to start a debate about the topic. I was trying to be helpful. Goes to show what good that is. Debate all this someplace else. I'm out.

I don't doubt your good intentions, but why do you doubt mine? Are people not allowed to say the truth just because you meant no harm? You are responsible for the ideas you spread. Debunked pseudoscience is never harmless.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
No it isn't. And don't forget, I poop and pee and throw up in water you drink. Cheers!
Indeed, i read somewhere the following well thought out logic. If homeopathy worked a glass of tap water would cure every disease, because at some point in its life it has touched other water molecules which have touched other water molecules which have touched every compound on the planet.

pattismith

Additionally, another treatment that interested me a while ago was the antibiotic Azithromycin, a 2006 study apparently showed that 59% of CFS (Fukuda) patients improved while on a 6 week protocol on the antibiotic. I believe it has some immunomodulatory effects which could partly explain this. I've tried it myself and definitely did feel better for a few days although the effects wore off after I stopped, I only took one dose though...not a great deal of hope to be taken from this but at least it's another treatment study!

I was several times under Macrolides antibiotics for bronchitis, and each time, I felt it was helping with my vertebral pains.
6 months ago, I had another bronchitis, and I doble my dose of Azythromycin (500 mg/day): I felt immediatly that my back pains/joints pains were gone.
I stopped azithro after 10 days because my bronchitis was not getting better under that regimen...
Ten days after then my joints pains were back...
So I started a longer azithro treatment (associated with Doxycycline). again my joint pains were gone, wich was a great improvement of my situation...BUT very quickly I had worsening of fatigue and new pains in all the muscles.
I had to stop the protocol after 4 months of efforts.
Two days ago, the joint-pains were coming back, so today I tryed again Azithro...Immediatly my muscles started to burn and my muscle power gave up; I felt like a ragdoll all the afternoon after taking it...

My investigations about it showed no evidences of mitochodria toxicity for this drug, but for people like us who are already dysfunctioning, the matter could be different.
However, pains (muscles or joints) are reported as side effects by others than me.

I checked my blood lactates this afternoon when I felt bad, and they were higher than they used to be in similar circumstances (3.8 mmol/l after the first tablet +meal+standing, and 3.2 mmol/l after the second tablet+no food+resting lying supine)...So this may be a mitochondria problem associated with azithro...
I don't know if I will be able to keep this treatment again but I would recommand it to anybody. If you have an opportunity to try it, do not hesitate, either as a pulse treatment or not, either associated or not.
Azythro has also some antiviral properties (Doxy also has antiinflammatory and immunomodulatory properties).

Last edited:

Mel9

I was several times under Macrolides antibiotics for bronchitis, and each time, I felt it was helping with my vertebral pains.
6 months ago, I had another bronchitis, and I doble my dose of Azythromycin (500 mg/day): I felt immediatly that my back pains/joints pains were gone.
I stopped azithro after 10 days because my bronchitis was not getting better under that regimen...
Ten days after then my joints pains were back...
So I started a longer azithro treatment (associated with Doxycycline). again my joint pains were gone, wich was a great improvement of my situation...BUT very quickly I had worsening of fatigue and new pains in all the muscles.
I had to stop the protocol after 4 months of efforts.
Two days ago, the joint-pains were coming back, so today I tryed again Azithro...Immediatly my muscles started to burn and my muscle power gave up; I felt like a ragdoll all the afternoon after taking it...

My investigations about it showed no evidences of mitochodria toxicity for this drug, but for people like us who are already dysfunctioning, the matter could be different.
However, pains (muscles or joints) are reported as side effects by others than me.

I checked my blood lactates this afternoon when I felt bad, and they were higher than they used to be in similar circumstances (3.8 mmol/l after the first tablet +meal+standing, and 3.2 mmol/l after the second tablet+no food+resting lying supine)...So this may be a mitochondria problem associated with azithro...
I don't know if I will be able to keep this treatment again but if would recommand it to anybody. If you have an opportunity to try it, do not hesitate, either as a pulse treatment or not, either associated or not.
Azythro has also some antiviral properties (Doxy also has antiinflammatory and immunomodulatory properties).

Interesting
But how do you know that these antibiotics are not acting against unknown bacteria?

pattismith

Interesting
But how do you know that these antibiotics are not acting against unknown bacteria?
I don't know Mel9...When I observed that azythro was very quickly efficient on me, I thought as you did that it had something to do with a bacteria, and made serologies, and found positive IGG to Mycoplasma Pneumoniae, Chlamydia Pneumoniae and Yersinia Enterolitica....Like many healthy people...
Other people think that azythro is working like a bazooka on the gut flora, which would explain it's activity...
I had no investigation done on my gut flora, so I cannot say....
I had a Lyme Western Blot negative in 2011, but some people think that we are all chronic lyme.
I just believe what I noticed: It is fast active on me for some symptoms...