• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

David Tuller needs our help

Mary

Moderator Resource
One other possible effect of DT's letter to the University may be to get EC to tone down her rhetoric a bit. I agree it's unlikely in the extreme that David would actually sue for libel, but even so, the university might just ask Ms.Crawley to be a bit more circumspect in her comments - whether or not that would be a good thing, however, I can't decide. The more ludicrous and outrageous EC's statements, the easier target she makes.

Or a tent with a certain number of pegs. Pull one peg out, then another, until the tent is flapping in the breeze and eventually blows off the cliff edge.
Exactly. The principle is that each peg pulled out has more effect than the previous one. Comes a critical point where the remaining pegs have less holding power than the wind has pulling power ... And out of the ground the whole sorry mess comes. Yes, I prefer the tent. Each peg removed is a bigger and bigger proportion of those left, and I have no idea if the math of a flapping tent but I imagine each additional freedom to flap must disproportionately increase the stresses on the remaining pegs. Suspect it maps quite well on the problem in question.

In fact it's more like still trying to remove a peg that is almost out but still hanging in there. Instead start on other pegs so all the flapping helps finally tug out the earlier ones.

Wolfiness

Activity Level 0
1zx0i9e.png

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
I didn't read this whole thread, so forgive me if this comment is redundant. I just went to Crowdrise to see what the total amount is now($61,675) and noticed something I hadn't in the beginning when I first donated.

The Center will transfer 100% of the net funds -- after credit card fees and Crowdrise fees -- to the School of Public Health at UC Berkeley, which will create a position focused on investigating the PACE trial and others issues related to ME/CFS.

I thought he was doing this on his own! It's much better for him to have UCB creating this position for him! And I like that it includes"other issues related to ME/CFS"! I might just have to go back and donate some more!

And all this achieved without the support of the two main patient charities in the UK - neither AfME (unsurprisingly) or MEA (disappointingly) chose to post this on Facebook. The MEA in particular is puzzling, they have shared David Tuller links before, perhaps they've been told not to support him in this or they won't be allowed back in the CMRC tent...

Daisymay

And all this achieved without the support of the two main patient charities in the UK - neither AfME (unsurprisingly) or MEA (disappointingly) chose to post this on Facebook. The MEA in particular is puzzling, they have shared David Tuller links before, perhaps they've been told not to support him in this or they won't be allowed back in the CMRC tent...

Predictable yet still shocking.

RogerBlack

This is the ethical quagmire MERUK highlighted when they decided to leave. Which is why I immediately made a donation to them.

Me too. Just waiting till nearer the end of the month, when I will have a clearer idea of how much more I can donate to Mr T.
I pity the fools.

Countrygirl

Just in case this is missed:

Here is a comment by a parent on Dr Tuller's donation page:

I donate this small amount for my very brave son; I just wish I could give more. From the age of eight my son has suffered at the hands of GBT, GET and the NHS. He has been told to take responsibility for his illness and recovery, not talk about symptoms. Many times I have held him racked in pain as he sobbed his apologies, wondering how the medical profession got so inhumane. We found out my son has celiac PoTS OI and hypermobile joints, all of which impact on his ME, and the symptoms of which they told us to ignore. He is not deconditioned his body has failed him, when able he runs like the wind, breaking free for a short time from his constant pain, dizziness, sickness, swollen glands like conkers. He is not “fear avoidance” he grabs life by the throat, but laughing can send his HR into 200 beats per minute and it takes days for his BP to settle back down, and like anyone oxygen staved, the consequences are severe.

Many mothers like me are forced to hide in silence. We hide because we are blamed, to get us off lists so they do not have to report harms or the worsening of condition after treatments? Over 200 parents have gone through FII, none have been charged with Fabrication or Inducing Illness, that should say all there is to say about how we are treated when we have children with ME, but there is worse to come. We are called MUPPETS and we know the smearing going on behind our backs by Doctors, researchers Universities. Still we do not buckle, we stay strong and we learn. We learn how to handle the medical fraternity; we learn how to tell hospital staff when our kids fall ill with chronic pancreatitis, kidney problems and cancers. We support the medical staff when they are at a loss what to do for our very sick kids. We hold them as they crumble with no true information about this common illness, and as they realise they have been fed the wrong social landscaping we teach them how to cope. We hold each other, supporting the best we can as our kids slip away into the abyss of ME. So please support our kids and get behind David Tuller