• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is it safe to mix Ampligen and Rituximab?

Emily L

Dog sitter
My pa called up the best doctor there is and he said I want to give my daughter the STRONGEST drugs for her condition! :rofl:

Thank you dadddddy! :woot:

The doctor said RITUXIMAB and AMPLIGEN are the best but that they are expensive and hard to get :bang-head:

My pa is working on it through his "contacts" :ninja:

So... :whistle:

Is it safe for me to take these both at the same time? Like once after breakfast and again at dinner? And are the pills big to swallow? :alien:

I wish I understood these things :rolleyes:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Is it safe for me to take these both at the same time? Like once after breakfast and again at dinner? And are the pills big to swallow? :alien:
These medications are both given by IV at an infusion center...though Ampligen is not currently available as far as I know. I doubt if any doctor would consider giving them at the same time even if Ampligen were still available.

Gingergrrl

Rituximab and Ampligen are not pills that you swallow and both are delivered through an IV infusion. I will be starting Rituximab in July (after a very long insurance battle!) but Ampligen is not available anywhere in the U.S. (to the best of my knowledge which could be wrong). You would never do both in the same day and they are given for different purposes. Do you have proof of B-cell driven autoantibodies or is your case more viral w/active infections?

Edit: Sushi and I posted at exact same moment!

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
Make an appointment at OMI, they can do lots of tests and perhaps get you involved with OMF testing/trials?
Its not worth dying just to try everything you can throw at the condition.

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
I dont think anyone have taken them together before actually. I would assume it would be safe though, based on what i know about the mechanism of ampligen, that is.. Anyway, a clinician would have to assess this.

Gingergrrl

Oh and Gingergirl I hope it goes well for you too! It's too bad they can't just make pills

Thank you and am hoping it goes well myself LOL! I cannot see either of these medications ever being in a pill form. I do not know a lot about Ampligen but have researched the hell out of Rituximab and could probably answer further questions as could Marky.