• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What hotel do you recommend in Ithaca ?

Dechi

i am planning my 2 day CPET test and I'm trying to decide which hotel to choose but it's really hard. None of them have constant good reviews. One of them has no elevator (I expect having great difficulty walking after the first day), another one has rooms where everyone sees you, some are very old and smelly, one had bugs, one had ants...

I'm really disgusted by bugs, I need a comfortable bed with good mattress and good quality bedding or I won't sleep. It needs to be less than 10 km away from Ithaca College if possible. i was looking at 200$ cad at the most, preferably lower.

Anyone who has been there knows of a good hotel ?

Thank you :)

Old Bones

@Dechi Have you looked at private Bed and Breakfasts ? I just did a quick search for "Ithaca B & B" and it appears there are some lovely options. Some did list price ranges that start within your budget, once the exchange rate is factored in. You may have to contact the owners to see which, if any, have rooms that are on the main floor. And, B & B's do tend to book fairly far in advance, at least the good ones do. We've almost always been delighted with the service, comfort and cleanliness at B&B's -- most of them more accurately described as small lodges. Owners have usually been very accommodating with respect to my dietary restrictions.

Good luck finding something suitable.

Dechi

@Dechi Have you looked at private Bed and Breakfasts ? I just did a quick search for "Ithaca B & B" and it appears there are some lovely options. Some did list price ranges that start within your budget, once the exchange rate is factored in. You may have to contact the owners to see which, if any, have rooms that are on the main floor. And, B & B's do tend to book fairly far in advance, at least the good ones do. We've almost always been delighted with the service, comfort and cleanliness at B&B's -- most of them more accurately described as small lodges. Owners have usually been very accommodating with respect to my dietary restrictions.

Good luck finding something suitable.

Thank you, I hadn't thought of that, my first instinct is to look at hotels. I'll go look right now !

*GG*

Hmm, perhaps the person who went with me in 2010 will have some kind of record? Her memory is not that great, but perhaps for some reason she will recall? I sent her a message, wonder if she will respond?

GG

Dechi

I almost booked last night but they have a higher price for being able to cancel and this was too much for my budget. I haven't had confirmation of my appointment dates yet and I don't want to risk losing my money. It was almost 100$ more if you get the right to cancellation.

MEPatient345

I stayed here:
Inn on Columbia
228 Columbia Street
Ithaca, New York 14850
607-272-0204
www.columbiabb.com

They have self catering rooms and they provide breakfast. It's very nice. The proprietors will pick you up from bus if you need. We didn't have a car, my sister took taxi to get groceries and we cooked in once or twice, and she would walk down to Ithaca to pick up food from restaurants. We took a taxi to and from the Cpet. I think it was less than ten minutes. Make sure you rest after the test for 20 or 30 minutes lying down. Good luck!

Dechi

I stayed here:
Inn on Columbia
228 Columbia Street
Ithaca, New York 14850

607-272-0204
www.columbiabb.com

They have self catering rooms and they provide breakfast. It's very nice. The proprietors will pick you up from bus if you need. We didn't have a car, my sister took taxi to get groceries and we cooked in once or twice, and she would walk down to Ithaca to pick up food from restaurants. We took a taxi to and from the Cpet. I think it was less than ten minutes. Make sure you rest after the test for 20 or 30 minutes lying down. Good luck!

Thank you, I'll look it up ! :)

*GG*

Providing the results of my test in 2010.

GG

Attachments

• Results for CPET 2 days August 2010  Ithaca College 1  of  5.jpg
    Results for CPET 2 days August 2010 Ithaca College 1 of 5.jpg
    477.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Results for CPET 2 days August 2010  Ithaca College 2  of  5.jpg
    Results for CPET 2 days August 2010 Ithaca College 2 of 5.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 7
  • Results for CPET 2 days August 2010  Ithaca College 3  of  5.jpg
    Results for CPET 2 days August 2010 Ithaca College 3 of 5.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Results for CPET 2 days August 2010  Ithaca College 4  of  5.jpg
    Results for CPET 2 days August 2010 Ithaca College 4 of 5.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 7
  • Results for CPET 2 days August 2010  Ithaca College 5  of  5.jpg
    Results for CPET 2 days August 2010 Ithaca College 5 of 5.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 8

Dechi

I went to Ithaca last week. What a beautiful, beautiful city ! So charming, green and well kept ! Betsy Keller told me there are more restaurants per square foot in Ithaca than New-York city and I believe her ! Tons of restaurants, and you can eat healthy as well.

We stayed at the Country Inn and it was a nice room. Only thing is it's close to the road, as many hotels are, so you hear trucks passing by. Other than that it was perfect.