• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Restless feet and Hypnic jerks

pattismith

for several years I had experienced restless feet and hypnic jerks at night in my bed (when falling asleep).

I wonder if you share my experience?

After my antibiotic start, very strangely the hypnic jerks disappeared, and the restless feet moved from the evening to the morning (this never happened before!!)!

I have stopped the Antibio and a few hypnic jerks came back. The restless feet remained in the morning...

A zombie

i had this before i treated for lyme disease a bacterial infection, it was terrible anytime i drifted off to sleep was woken by the jerks, sounds like this may be your issues as well, especially since it goes away with abx. Have you tested correctly (igenex ) for lyme?

ErdemX

This is one of my 99 symptoms and was very severe at the beginning of my illness. I was jumping in my bed during or just before my sleep countless times. Since I never experienced something like this before, with the other symptoms I was feeling like Regan in the Exorcist.

Lyrica, which was prescribed for my constant muscle/nerve pain helped greatly with that and other sleep issues.

A zombie

This is one of my 99 symptoms and was very severe at the beginning of my illness. I was jumping in my bed during or just before my sleep countless times. Since I never experienced something like this before, with the other symptoms I was feeling like Regan in the Exorcist.

Lyrica, which was prescribed for my constant muscle/nerve pain helped greatly with that and other sleep issues.
i guess it depends are you interested in getting at root problems, or covering them up, lyrics is covering them up.i guess first steps if you're looking to get to root , check for infections, lyme disease , specifically , make sure you test correctly as quest and lab corp aren't accurate tests. You need to use igenex lab.
BTW jerks etc were my first symptoms of lyme. Lyme gets misdiagnosed all the time due to poor testing, it can mimic ALS, MS, parkinson's, CFS, Fibromyalgia, to name a few.

pattismith

i had this before i treated for lyme disease a bacterial infection, it was terrible anytime i drifted off to sleep was woken by the jerks, sounds like this may be your issues as well, especially since it goes away with abx. Have you tested correctly (igenex ) for lyme?

Well, I can't say, I had a western Blot done in 2011 that came back negative.

By the way, I happened to discover in Juanary that Azithromycin was powerfull to remove my back pains, so I started a protocol in February (Azithromycin, Doxycycline, Tinidazole)..Unfortunatly, the bad effects were so hard on my muscles and brain, that I gave up after 4 months of efforts. I may start again in a few months, but for the moment I have to work hard in my job so I really can't focus on me....
Did your protocole released all your problems? Was it long? Did you expienced very long bad effects?

A zombie

well I've been through the ringer , like most lyme patients, i wont touch abx, sorry. I tried them here and there and well i really don't think their for me or for many ppl...i just spent 25,000 for stem cells. it seems abx work for you , sort of, but make sure you're taking a very good probiotic opposite times of the day. Also look at improving immune function, as this is why were all sick. last summer i spent 10,000 on alternative treatments... theres no easy way or cheap way to treat an infection the been in our bodies , for me 8 years at least...it doesn't just go away cause we dont know its there , and something like pregnancy or a huge stresses can wake it up
Aslo quest and lab corp aren't reliable, and heres why, rad this to understand what you're possibly up against, i can almost guarantee, you have lyme, isn the fact you tested leads me to really believe you do, if you do one thing today , read this article http://truthbetoldx81.blogspot.ca/2017/06/biggest-medical-fraud-in-history-of.html?m=1