• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFSAC wants your comments regarding pediatric education

Kati

Patient in training
Good afternoon.

The next CFSAC meeting will be held on June 29th and 30th. It will be a webinar. The dialing information will be posted on the CFSAC website in the upcoming days.

The Pediatric Education Workgroup will be reporting to CFSAC on the work they have been doing thus far. The Working Group would like to hear from the public regarding the following:

1. Are there any tasks would you like to see the Workgroup focus on in the future? If not, do you have any suggestions for future workgroups?

2. In your experiences what are the greatest challenges for children suffering from ME/CFS in dealing with the school system?

3. If you have the appropriate experiences, please indicate your opinion as to whether or not the level of knowledge and cooperation between schools and children suffering from ME/CFS improved or deteriorated over the past several years?

4. Do you have a story to share about a student suffering from ME/CFS who has been successful in continuing his/her education (that sharing would promote the success of other students with ME/CFS attempting to continue their education despite being disabled with ME/CFS?

If you would like to speak to the Committee and Work Group members on the issues above, please email the CFSAC inbox. Five minutes speaking opportunities will be granted on a first come first serve basis.

The CFSAC Support Team

Email: cfsac@hhs.gov

Website: http://www.hhs.gov/ash/advisory-committees/cfsac/index.html

Sign up for the CFSAC listserv to receive the latest updates about CFSAC:http://www.hhs.gov/advcomcfs/cfsac_email_list.html

Seven7

Seven
Can they come to some kind of guide for us Mother with CFSs (where child is not diagnosed)? If we suspect with kid has CFS, where to go, who to see, guide us in some ways. Any tests that should be done... Any kind of written guide we can give to pediatrics that have no idea even what CFS is.

Denise

Can they come to some kind of guide for us Mother with CFSs (where child is not diagnosed)? If we suspect with kid has CFS, where to go, who to see, guide us in some ways. Any tests that should be done... Any kind of written guide we can give to pediatrics that have no idea even what CFS is.

@Inester7 - A Pediatric Primer is in publication. My understanding is that it will be available soon.