• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help to buy the Rich protocol.

Learner1

@José Segundo your test looks Good. Maybe you don't have a methylation problem

There are a lot of ways to get to a homocysteine of 8... My homocysteine ranges between 3 and 8, and I have methylation issues in abundance.

Best to have good testing - like a Genova Diagnostics NutrEval and see what's going on. Or RBC folate, methylmalonic acid, MCV, and RBC magnesium could give a sketchy baseline, in addition to homocysteine.

And look at symptoms of over and undermethylation...

JasonUT

Hello @José Segundo

I think you got a great list of Simplified Protocol supplement from others. I wish you luck and good health.

If finances allow, I also recommend some testing to help provide strategic direction on tailoring your protocol.

I also recommend a nutrient panel such as Genova NutraEval Plasma or SpectraCell MicroNutrient Panel. My doctors and I guessed for two years straight on what's going on with guidance from Gene SNP interpretations. The nutrient panels helped provide direction and focus. It uncovered the correct co-factors that I needed.

Also, the Methylation Pathways Panel Extended by HDRI was perhaps the biggest breakthrough as of late. Ordering the "Extended" was key for me, because it gave additional Amino Acid markers Methionine, Cysteine, Cystathionine, Homocysteine, and Taurine. These additional amino acids showed clearly that I am having some Trans-sulfuration issues. Now we are just trying to figure out root-cause and determine correct treatment approach.

The next tests on my to-do list are Genova Oxidative Stress Analysis 2.0 (Blood) and an HDRI Sulfur Panel. Hopefully, these two panels will provide some more detailed direction on my trans-sulfuration issues.

I tried to compile a list of tests here. I try to keep this updated as I discover more.

Again, best of luck.

Learner1

I also recommend a nutrient panel such as Genova NutraEval Plasma or SpectraCell MicroNutrient Panel. My doctors and I guessed for two years straight on what's going on with guidance from Gene SNP interpretations. The nutrient panels helped provide direction and focus. It uncovered the correct co-factors that I needed.
Getting good data rather than guessing or using a canned protocol is best. You're different than everyone else.

The NutrEval gives a much wider range of data than the SpectraCell - more stuff tested, better value for what you spend. It also gives some indication of how toxic you are.

nsdn

And how's your vitamin D level?
I attach my vitamin D and mercury results. A few months ago I removed an amalgam and everything went well with Cuttler's protocol.

Greetings and thanks.

Attachments

• PRRRR.PNG
    PRRRR.PNG
    54.5 KB · Views: 10

nsdn

Hi. I am in Spain and getting many things is almost impossible. I can ask iHerb without problem. Is my basket correct for this protocol?
meti.PNG

However, I do not find in Spain or iHerb any of the 2 mentioned multivitamins. Does another serve? Thank you.

@Learner1 @Sherpa @aaron_c @JasonUT

Learner1

I am not familiar with any of those products. I've had issues with toxicity in another KAL product, though, and don't trust their standards. I only use 5-MTHF, not folinic acid.

You may also need other methylation cofactors, like B2, B6, magnesium, trimethylglycine, amino acids, like glycine, and B1 and molybdenum for the transsulfuration pathway.

Products from companies I trust and use are:

Allergy Research or Nutricology NT Factor
Thorne MethylGuard Plus
Thorne Neurochondria
Thorne 5-MTHF
Thorne Pyridoxal-5-phosphate
Thorne Riboflavin-5-phosphate

There are similar products from Seeking Health and Designs for Health that is use if Thorne wasn't available.

I also do injections of high potency B complex and methylB12. There is a Spanish company that makes high quality MB12, the name behind with F as I recall..

nsdn

Finally I ordered B-Minus at Amazon UK. I think that the iHerb and the B-Minus will arrive next week.

Is it advisable to start with a quarter of the indicated doses?

I have the following note of maximum doses, I think it is correct:
1. B-Minus from 1/4 to 4 daily.
2. Methyl-B12 2.000 mcg sublingual.
3. Methyltetrahydrofolate 200 mcg.
4. Folate 200 mcg.
5. Lecithin 1200 mg.

Best regards!