• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Magnet Therapy

David Jackson

Hey hey,

Magnet therapy is the next thing on my list to investigate!

Just wondering if there is anyone here that has researched this at all, or even tried it before?

After a very quick initial look, I see there appear to be magnetic underlays you can put on your bed, and there are magnetic bracelets you can wear, with the intent that it will improve your circulation and your health etc. Probably there is more to it than just these things as well.

Apparently, the Earth's magnetic field was much stronger in bygone ages, and, purportedly, it can improve out health a bit if we expose ourselves to a bit more magnetism... I'm mainly just looking for something that might give me a 1% benefit of something... every little bit counts!

Cheers,
David

DoggerFisher

A long long time ago my mother bought me a magnetic bracelet that promised much and delivered nothing. I made her take it back and get her £50 back. I write this as someone who is very open to alt. health pathways. But again different people react differently to things. I know animal owners who say magnetic collars help their arthritic pets?

IThinkImTurningJapanese

just something I read somewhere by someone who was saying check out magnet therapy. Then, this evening, I heard the same thing on this video:

Well, it seems you're right about it becoming weaker. And I know how desperate someone can be for some, hell any, kind of help.

I guess I'm just curious about why Magnetic Therapy, with so little evidence of efficacy, has become your choice.

That said, I have lived Off-Grid, and noticed a relaxing effect being away from electromagnetism. However, that could have been from a lack of artificial light in the evenings. :confused:

David Jackson

I guess I'm just curious about why Magnetic Therapy, with so little evidence of efficacy, has become your choice.

I wouldn't really say that magnetic therapy has become my choice of therapy; it's just something that I came across a few months ago while reading something, and, since I'd never heard of it before, I made a note to look into it a bit deeper at some stage in the future. That day has finally rolled around, after getting through so many other things, so now I'll give it a few evenings worth of attention and decide whether or not it's going to be worth trying out, depending on the cost etc.

I don't know if there is any evidence of efficacy or not; in fact I know nothing about it at all. But, if I had chosen to only go with things that had been studied and tested and proven, I would have probably made very little health improvements at all, as almost everything that has helped me has been from the very far end of the alternative spectrum. Thus, I always keep a fully open mind to pretty much anything really.

IThinkImTurningJapanese

But, if I had chosen to only go with things that had been studied and tested and proven, I would have probably made very little health improvements at all, as almost everything that has helped me has been from the very far end of the alternative spectrum. Thus, I always keep a fully open mind to pretty much anything really.

I can understand that.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I very much doubt that magnets will help ME/CFS, but, I find that tiny magnets stuck on with plasters over a point of specific pain (muscle, joint, etc.) do bring a lot of relief. No idea why--increases circulation?? I was a total skeptic until a friend stuck as few on a pain point for me.