• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

David Tuller needs our help

Daisymay

Me too.

David mentioned that ME Action were going to do a piece on it or at least help spread the word. Does anyone know if that has happened yet?

It would be nice to think other charities would help promote it too, afterall David's work benefits everyone.

I agree, I hope ME charities world wide will give as generously as possible to Dave, his work is pivotal along with all the biomedical research.

Starlight

I agree, I hope ME charities world wide will give as generously as possible to Dave, his work is pivotal along with all the biomedical research.

That's a really good idea, could we maybe rally some of them via twitter to support the campaign? If a few people do it it might be more powerful.

I agree some sort of campaign is needed. I wonder if maybe we could start a thread in every forum in phoenixrising to ensure as many as possible here know about it? Or do you all think everyone here is aware of it?

Are there many well known wealthy ME donators who might not be aware of this?
I was trying to think but only Morgan Fairchild came to mind! I'm not sure if she donates or raises awareness. Anyone have any ideas of people it might be useful to target?

BurnA

Can checks be sent directly to David so more money can go to him without fees and other being taken out? Or may this cause problems?
I just noticed this on the crowdrise page, probably should have read it all before now!

"If anyone would prefer to support my efforts by donating off-line directly to the School of Public Health at UC Berkeley, please e-mail me for further information: davetuller@berkeley.edu"

Dolphin

Could PR members perhaps contact their local/national ME charities around the world to inform them of this fund raising and ask them to contribute?
If writing, another option to mention would be to get their request circulated to their contacts/highlighted through one or more of the media they use. Some might be willing to do this but might not be willing to donate.

BurnA

I just noticed this on the crowdrise page, probably should have read it all before now!

"If anyone would prefer to support my efforts by donating off-line directly to the School of Public Health at UC Berkeley, please e-mail me for further information: davetuller@berkeley.edu"

I spoke with David this morning, he explained that it's much more preferable to donate via crowdwise, that way if he reaches the target he gets added benefits in the form of health insurance etc. that go with having an official position in Berkeley.

Also, it means he does his investigations as David Tuller, Berkeley, rather than 'just' David Tuller.

He appreciates that people don't like paying commissions etc. but in this case the benefits really outweigh any additional expense. He is very grateful for all donations received so far.

Barry53

I spoke with David this morning, he explained that it's much more preferable to donate via crowdwise, that way if he reaches the target he gets added benefits in the form of health insurance etc. that go with having an official position in Berkeley.

Also, it means he does his investigations as David Tuller, Berkeley, rather than 'just' David Tuller.

He appreciates that people don't like paying commissions etc. but in this case the benefits really outweigh any additional expense. He is very grateful for all donations received so far.
That all sounds very sensible.

Starlight

It's actually very touching to look in on the campaign everyday and know we are most likely all patients. It's nice to be part of such a gracious and grateful community despite how awful it is that we've been put in a position to need to help someone legitimise what really is a serious illness.

slysaint

DBRMxNBXcAAPzlf.jpg

found this pic on the IiME twitter; would love to see all of the slides:D

Last edited: