• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ron Davis, Ashley Haugen, Linda Tannenbaum and Raeka Aiyar at IiME #OMF

Janet Dafoe

Board Member
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here is a photo of Maureen Hanson, Ron Davis and Mady Hornig chatting after Wednesday meeting. And a couple of photos of the dinner room. What a view!
image.jpeg

paolo

The tie with fungi on it remindes me of the "RNA tie club" founded by James Watson and Gamow back in the Fifties, that included a group of scientists involved in understanding the role of RNA in proteins building, if I am not wrong. They used to wear a tie with an helix on it. So this tie might have some important meaning indeed...

I have found a photo of some members of the "RNA tie club" I mentioned above. From left to right: Francis Crick, Alexander Rich, Leslie E. Orgel, James Watson. I hope this is not off topic.

upload_2017-5-31_21-5-0.jpeg

junkcrap50

Janet, I see Ron has images of mold on his tie. Does that mean he thinks that mold is important to the pathogenesis of ME? (I realize you may not be able to tell us.)
Thanks!

I think that Dr. Davis is just wearing a "cool science tie." I can't believe there's many neat science ties out there to buy, though I'm sure he does have a few. So, I wouldn't look too deep into it. However, if mold is important to the pathogenesis of ME, then that's great news and progress!

Janet Dafoe

Board Member
I had a long talk with Ron at the end of his day. Great talk with the Swedish researchers at breakfast. He especially commented on how excellent, competent, insightful and useful Maureen Hanson's talk was. He met a cool Nowegian Doctor who is educating doctors in Norway and making sure patients have informed doctors. He wants Ron to go speak in Norway! Also spoke with Mella, Whittemore, Unger, Hornig, Klimas, that great Danish doctor who stands up against the forces of CBT, GET, and MUPPS and is in Unrest, and more I can't remember. He said his talk went well but the slide changing button didn't work well so he added in more stuff while he struggled to change slides! Raeka was wondering what was going on, but in the end they decided that might have made it even better! LOL Lots of good connections happening!

Jo Best

Hopefully this interview will be a big step forward in UK :thumbsup:
Excellent! Seated to the right of Dr. Davis there is Dr. Amolak Bansal, whose patients currently provide the samples for the Invest in ME Research Centre of Excellence programme, including by home visits to take samples from patients too ill to leave their homes. Prof. Tom Wileman spoke about the gut microbiota research at the 2016 London Invest in ME Conference and a review was published at the same time. Naveena Navaneetharaja was a medical student funded by Invest in ME Research to work on the gut research and spent three months working with Prof. Maureen Hanson at her Cornell lab. She continued to work on the research once she had qualfied as a medical doctor. There's an article and link to her blog and the full paper here: https://quadram.ac.uk/do-the-answers-to-mecfs-lie-within-our-gut/

Seven7

Seven
What is the official hash # to search in tweeter I am not founding but a few posts, uncharacteristic for this types of events coverage.