• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anti-CD20 Tx Ublituximab Offers Rapid B-Cell Depletion

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
I don`t really see the need personally, unless im missing something. My b-cell numbers after rituximab were so low you could not analyse subgroups.. I think what we need is to look into how we can remove b-cells in tissue, and how we can find them.

jaybee00

Probably true, but
"Ublituximab is a novel chimeric monoclonal antibody targeting a unique epitope on the CD20 antigen. It is glycoengineered to enhance affinity for all variants of receptors, thereby demonstrating greater antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity activity than rituximab" ....sounds pretty sexy to me.....

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
Probably true, but
"Ublituximab is a novel chimeric monoclonal antibody targeting a unique epitope on the CD20 antigen. It is glycoengineered to enhance affinity for all variants of receptors, thereby demonstrating greater antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity activity than rituximab" ....sounds pretty sexy to me.....

Sounds pretty sexy (...What have we become), but isn`t this just a fancy way of saying that its effective in removing b-cells, which Rituximab already is? @Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
Probably true, but

All the new generation anti-CD20 antibodies have these sorts of bells and whistles. This is not the first with glycoengineering. The press release tells us nothing very interesting. They seem to be wanting to sell quick infusions. Trouble is one in a hundred may have serious adverse results if given quickly - like rituximab. Otherwise this is just a basic phase II study showing the drug does what it was supposed to do.

That is not to say that the progress with anti-CD20 agents recently is not interesting. The do kill more cells these days. But in RA it is not clear that this makes a difference to clinical results as yet. The real problem is what happens when B cells come back, even if you get rid of almost all of them.