• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cholestyramine (CSM) Treatment - Elimination of Toxins

You need a prescription. I told my doctor I wanted to try it for chronic diarrhea. I did not tell her about the mold thing because it is used for chronic diarrhea in mainstream medicine.
It stays in the digestive tract and is not systemically absorbed.
My family doctor has been very understanding and helpful.

Just separate meds. I took cholestyramine just twice a day because I needed to seaparate from thryroid meds sleep meds bot as sensitive . Would separate by taking medication 4 ( or 3 hours why split hairs)hours after binder or one hour before binder to make absolutely sure. Never seemed s problem with clonazepam and cholestyramine though.

jason30

Just separate meds. I took cholestyramine just twice a day because I needed to seaparate from thryroid meds sleep meds bot as sensitive . Would separate by taking medication 4 ( or 3 hours why split hairs)hours after binder or one hour before binder to make absolutely sure. Never seemed s problem with clonazepam and cholestyramine though.

Thanks! I will try to get a prescription for CSM.

grapes

After a few weeks of CSM and taking only in the evenings 6 pm-ish and 9 pm-ish, and sometimes only once in the evening. I became very dehydrated and my right kidney ached. Had to stop.

I think with any prescription drug it has to be used with caution. Sorry you did not tolerate this grapes.
My husband did not tolerate it either He had severe heartburn from it. I gAve him chorella and charo caps.

grapes

I'm trying it again...but this time, I'm making sure to drink a LOT more fluid to hopefully counter the dehydration symptoms it gave me.

grapes

Hi Jason. Tell me why electrolytes will help. I've read someone else say the same.

jason30

My guess is that when you take something that binds stuff in your body then electrolytes is IMO necessary.
In the most common form of dehydration, electrolytes such as potassium are lost, resulting in decreased levels in the blood stream.

poohsilk

Never gives up
Sorry, I have not been on here in a few days!

Yes it is quite expensive to do the PK protocol. I'm actually on a break from most of it, but still taking the balance oils. I was taking 6 caps of Phosphatidylcholine a day which would average out to $3.60 a day for that. The VSL 3 is quite expensive as well (i'm still doing that) and I take 6 caps of that a day.

Without going into extreme detail and giving wrong figures, I'd put the average (depending on everything you do) at about $200-300 a month. IV work will be much more expensive, but will get the job done quicker. One of my doctors (I use about 3 right now) uses the PK protocol for her husband (Parkinsons) and she said the cost is $125 per IV which is the direct cost because she is a doctor and primary provider.

But currently I'm doing Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. Tests finally came back positive for Lyme disease (long suspected it).

I wish you luck with PK protocol, if you're really toxic the detoxification can be quite nasty (reason I stopped) and uncomfortable.
Hi SOund the Alarm, I am searching here to see if anyone was helped, (detoxed) from the Particia Kane protocol but I may need to read all day long to find something. DId you benefit. Now in CA in 2021 the IVs are $415. (Yes, I somehow did not hear that when I signed up and they gave me nothing in writing.

Aerose91

Hi SOund the Alarm, I am searching here to see if anyone was helped, (detoxed) from the Particia Kane protocol but I may need to read all day long to find something. DId you benefit. Now in CA in 2021 the IVs are $415. (Yes, I somehow did not hear that when I signed up and they gave me nothing in writing.
I was on the PK protocol for a few months and my doctor pulled me off it because it wasn't doing anything.