• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tips for Finding Reliable Prescription-Free Online Pharmacies

dannybex

Thanks @Hip -- yeah, I haven't found any sources yet either. But they have to be out there.

It's a very helpful supp btw, as the conversion from thiamine can be inhibited very easily. In fact thiamine itself can be blocked or inhibited by so many foods, toxins, etc. But I've only found it in a sublingual which contains citric acid...which is very hard on teeth.

It's also available from the UK in liquid form, but the dose is so weak it's almost like water...

shannah

Help needed from @Hip or anyone else who knows please.

Quick Question:

I'm on the gold pharma site and they ship to Canada which is great because so many of them don't.

Before allowing me to check out, it asks me to choose one of the two options. I don't have a prescription but I'm not sure if this is a 'trick' question.

What shall I choose?

"You did order one or more prescription only medicine. Do you have a prescription for the ordered articles readily available?

med_quest.png

Yes, I am in possession of a valid prescription, import permit or similar entitlement and I am able to forward a digitalised scan or photo of it.
teleconsultation.png

No, I do not have a prescription. I like to attempt by completing a tele-medical consultation to receive the requested treatment."

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Quick Question:

I'm on the gold pharma site and they ship to Canada which is great because so many of them don't.

Before allowing me to check out, it asks me to choose one of the two options. I don't have a prescription but I'm not sure if this is a 'trick' question.

What shall I choose?

"You did order one or more prescription only medicine. Do you have a prescription for the ordered articles readily available?

med_quest.png

Yes, I am in possession of a valid prescription, import permit or similar entitlement and I am able to forward a digitalised scan or photo of it.
teleconsultation.png

No, I do not have a prescription. I like to attempt by completing a tele-medical consultation to receive the requested treatment."
I just complete the tele-medical consultations. I'm in the UK - don't think that would make a difference though.

Hip

What shall I choose?

Hi Shannah. It's not a trick question, one or two of the prescription-free pharmacies do use such quick online consultations, for legal purposes I think. But most of the pharmacies listed in the first post of this thread do not require such consultations.

On goldpharma, if you do not have a prescription, then you will be asked to complete a very short and easy online questionnaire (takes about a minute), which then allows them to forward your medicines.

I believe there is one question which asks something like: "Has a doctor prescribed this medication that you have ordered?" I usually answer yes to this, and give the name of one of the ME/CFS doctors who uses that medication in his protocol, answering something something along the lines of: "Yes Dr Kenny De Meirleir recommended this drug as a treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome." That way, you are not lying, yet it sounds as if De Meirleir is your doctor.

Quick Question:

What shall I choose?

med_quest.png

teleconsultation.png

Well, the sites that will ship (almost) anything anywhere do not care if you have a script or not, so that's strange. I have no experience of this site, myself, so I cannot say what to make of it. Now, there are sites that are totally legit and require scripts but I don't think gold pharma is one of those which does raise questions about this. Unless you have a reason to trust them, I'd suggest using a different site.

hixxy

Gold Pharma is the best site out there in my experience with the best range and all high quality European brands which is important to me as I've had trouble tolerating crap India generics in the past. I'm hypersensitive and I often even tolerate the German brands they stock better than those available in Australia.

The tele-medical consultation is just a form you fill out with a brief medical history.

shannah

I've probably tried at least 35 on line pharmacies now and am having difficulty finding any that ship to Canada. I thought I had one and they sent me a confirmation only to then leave me hanging for a couple of weeks before finding out that they actually don't ship to Canada.

www.indianpharma.co/ seems to ship to Canada and has decent reviews on Pharmacy Reviewer but inconsistent ones elsewhere.

www.goldpharma.com/ seems to ship to Canada as well but when I get to the end they want a bank transfer to Bulgaria. There doesn't appear any easy way to do that though and they don't explain what it is they want me to do.

Can anyone advise on this please?

@Hip

Hip

www.indianpharma.co seems to ship to Canada and has decent reviews on Pharmacy Reviewer but inconsistent ones elsewhere.

www.indianpharma.co appears to be the new web address for www.indianpharmaonline.com

Several online pharmacies are changing from .com addresses to .co because the former is controlled by the US authorities, and the US does not want cheap online pharmacies undercutting the high pharmaceutical prices in the USA. So the US uses its legal leverage to close down .com pharmacies URLs selling cheaper generic drugs.

As you say, www.indianpharmaonline.com has reasonably good reviews on Pharmacy Reviewer, and there is also a Pharmacy Reviewer thread about them.

I would not consider them a high reliability pharmacy, but they don't appear to be scam merchants, so they should be OK.

www.goldpharma.com/ seems to ship to Canada as well but when I get to the end they want a bank transfer to Bulgaria. There doesn't appear any easy way to do that though and they don't explain what it is they want me to do.

I have not ordered from goldpharma.com for a while, and so have not used their new payment system. It seems that they have a new payment system scheme whereby you top up your goldpharma account with an international bank transfer of money from your bank, and then this money stays in your goldpharma account until you place an order. When you place an order, the cost of the order is deducted from your goldpharma account balance.

If your own bank has an online banking website, you should be able to perform an international bank transfer via that website (though there may be a charge for this). If I remember rightly, you need to enter goldpharma's IBAN number and their SWIFT/BIC number (which tells your bank which bank to send the money to). Then you need to add a reference number for your international bank transfer, the "remittance reference for the beneficiary" that goldpharma provides. This is so goldpharma knows the money is coming from you.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I have not ordered from goldpharma.com for a while, and so have not used their new payment system. It seems that they have a new payment system scheme whereby you top up your goldpharma account with an international bank transfer of money from your bank, and then this money stays in your goldpharma account until you place an order. When you place an order, the cost of the order is deducted from your goldpharma account balance.

If your own bank has an online banking website, you should be able to perform an international bank transfer via that website (though there may be a charge for this). If I remember rightly, you need to enter goldpharma's IBAN number and their SWIFT/BIC number (which tells your bank which bank to send the money to). Then you need to add a reference number for your international bank transfer, the "remittance reference for the beneficiary" that goldpharma provides. This is so goldpharma knows the money is coming from you.
I ordered on 1st February this year from goldpharma.com and it was back to normal - from the UK anyway. As far as I can make out it's better than normal - I don't have to put more money in than is required for the order. No problems at all.

I hope it doesn't all change when the UK leaves the EU!

shannah

Thanks @Hip

You're always a wealth of information.

I did eventually receive an email from the company (Gold Pharma) with all the particulars on it needed for a money transfer, but it took quite a while. Meantime, I was lost as to what they actually wanted me to do.

All the extra charges they tack on really add up making the price significantly higher. Add in the cost of the transfer and it almost doubles the price!

When I called the bank, they gave me all kinds of warnings about how they absolve themselves from responsibility for this amount and that amount and they require this, that and the other - all spoken with a thick accent not easily deciphered.

If I hadn't read such reliable things about Gold Pharma from you @Hip and others, I'd scrap the whole experience. But since I've already invested hours and hours trying to locate a company willing to ship to Canada and seem to have little choice, I'll probably go ahead.

Thanks for adding your experience @MeSci

sarah darwins

I hope it doesn't all change when the UK leaves the EU!

I fear in time it will. Going to be much easier for UK governments, pushed by groups like the BMA and British pharmaceutical companies, to block imports. As long as we're in Europe, with the free trade agreements, it's impractical to do this.

Hip

I ordered on 1st February this year from goldpharma.com and it was back to normal - from the UK anyway. As far as I can make out it's better than normal - I don't have to put more money in than is required for the order. No problems at all.

I went through the process of placing an order from the UK with goldpharma yesterday, just to see how the system worked, and the only payment option I was given was the one I describe above, where you have top up your goldpharma.com account first. So it could be that goldpharma have changed again. Goldpharma are always changing some aspect of their operation, as a result of trying to keep one step ahead of organizations like Legitscript, who are always trying to close down or make life difficult for online pharmacies selling drugs at prices cheaper than those of the US.

I fear in time it will. Going to be much easier for UK governments, pushed by groups like the BMA and British pharmaceutical companies, to block imports. As long as we're in Europe, with the free trade agreements, it's impractical to do this.

I don't think leaving the will EU have much effect, as in many other EU countries, personal importation of pharmaceuticals is strictly not allowed, and customs will confiscate them if they find them. We are actually pretty lucky in the UK that we have quite liberate laws regarding personal importation.

Personal importation in most cases is not allowed in the US either, but the policy is not strictly enforced, just because a lot of the time, it is sick people that cannot afford US prices that tend to buy drugs from abroad.

I use extrapharmacy.ru for my supplies of various nootropics like Gaba and Phenibut. They're excellent! The customer service (also in English) is consistently really good and they have a heap of interesting products. They're safe and genuine.

Hi all, been a while since i last logged in.

Just wanted to let you all know i got my abx in the end.

I went with inhouse pharmacy, used the bitcoin approach, used electrum bitcoin wallet app as mentioned by Hip.
I used buysomebitcoins.com website to purchase the coins, they dont ask for ID there so you skip a lot of stuff.

Inhouse pharmacy sent me exactly what i ordered, good value and using abx them with no problems, so of course i would use them again, took 7-8 days to come here in UK. Was expecting it to be a bit longer.

So i will leave a good review for them. I will be sure to be order more stuff soon.