• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Open Medicine Foundation: $1M more towards a CURE!

AndyPR

From their email newsletter;
Celebrate May Awareness Month:

Accelerate research to improve patients' lives!

I am writing to you today to share some very exciting news. Last month OMF received over $1 MILLION in donations. Donors large and small have stepped up to accelerate the pace of research. These generous donations will help to scale up the development of new diagnostic and treatment technologies, help fast-track the screening of candidate FDA pre-approved drugs on ME/CFS cells in the lab and other exciting projects. We are grateful that these donors share our passion and vision for a world free from ME/CFS. As we celebrate May Awareness month, we join together with the ME/CFS community in spreading education and awareness, and hope for a cure.

I would like to give you the opportunity to join these generous individuals by increasing your support of OMF by becoming a monthly donor. If you are already a recurring donor, thank you for helping to keep up our research momentum. Monthly donations keep research moving forward. Dr. Davis has recorded a brief personal message inviting you to support research. Please take a moment to watch it.

A donation of any size, from $10 to $500, helps to secure the future of research. Become a monthly donor today.

As we celebrate and honor patients around the world for May 12th, join Team OMF to maximize the impact of your research donation and inspire HOPE for millions of patients worldwide. DONATE TODAY!

We also invite you to watch Dr. Davis' recent research update. If you have not already seen it, or perhaps you would like to review, this update will provide you with an understanding of the innovative and effiicient research you are championing.

Together with hope,

Marilyn Simon-Gersuk
Director of Communications & Development
www.omf.ngo

Tuha

Wow!

What does this mean in the context of their work and previous funding? Is this a game changer in what they can do?

I'm assuming that relative to other researchers and their rates of funding this is quite significant

If I remember correctly prof. Davis said that they could spend $10 MILLION a year effectively but with $5 MILLION a year they can make a significant progress.

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
From their email newsletter;

Hi @AndyPR

Thanks for posting and being on top of this, there was a small mixup and I should have posted, but glad you did!

Its really amazing news. As you can imagine that money goes a long way, especially with the way Prof Davis and his team work.

Thankyou to all of you that contribute also. These big donations are incredible, but the smaller donations are equally as important.

B

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
I saw that 5.2mil--> 5.3mil --> 6.2mil
I assume someone gave an 800k donation?

In Canada charitable donations are eligible for a tax credit which can make up a good percentage meaning a larger donation is possible. However it has to be registered with the Canadian government (i believe it can be international, but registered means credit can be claimed). Might be worth setting up and advertising.

Art Vandelay

For those of us who are PC gamers, the Humble Store donates 5% of what you spend to charity. There is an option to choose the Open Medicine Foundation as the recipient:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/select-charity/charity/145008

omf.png

Last edited: