• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Selective reporting in psychosocial trials new study

Snow Leopard

Hibernating
A new study by Sonia Lee, @openmylab , on bias in clinical trials of ME.

Acknowledgements: I dedicate this to ME Awareness Week 2017. I would like to thank ME 252 groups for your passionate advocacy and for sharing your stories with me. 253 It’s truly inspiring. Thank you.

http://biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/05/04/133926

Interesting methodology, though generalisability of the trial comparison seems limited with so few (and ironically risk of being cherrypicked) studies. If the trials included were selected in a broader (& still systematic) way (and substantially larger in number), we might have some more useful conclusions.

Last edited:

JohntheJack

Interesting methodology, though generalisability seems limited with so few (and ironically risk of being cherrypicked) studies. If the trials included were selected in a systematic way (and substantially larger in number), we might have some more useful conclusions.

Yes, I would agree on the comparison of just two trials. I think the rest of the study has some more interesting and generalizable findings.