• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Plea from Dr Bell to donate to the WPI

usedtobeperkytina

Bateman's CFS samples are being used in a study of XMRV. The Light study patients are being looked at to see if they are XMRV positive. I think Singh is doing that study.

Isn't the CAA biobank patients being used in an XMRV study?

Glaxo Smith Kline is looking into XMRV prevalence in CFS patients.

Although the positive control test in the major blood bank study looking at testing methods are prostate cancer tissues, I think they are also looking into CFS patients also. Although I am not real clear on that. Correct me if I am wrong.

Tina

Vanderbilt sent samples to be looked at, probably from ppl who had CFS as well as Dysautonomia. If they get +s, I would bet they start testing

citybug

Bateman's CFS samples are being used in a study of XMRV. The Light study patients are being looked at to see if they are XMRV positive. I think Singh is doing that study.

Isn't the CAA biobank patients being used in an XMRV study?

Glaxo Smith Kline is looking into XMRV prevalence in CFS patients.

Although the positive control test in the major blood bank study looking at testing methods are prostate cancer tissues, I think they are also looking into CFS patients also. Although I am not real clear on that. Correct me if I am wrong. Tina

The Bateman/Light/Arup/Singh were testing for XMRv. Hope we can find out more about what they are doing and whether they have a test that works. They must need money too.

Glaxo Smith Kline and the bio-bank study are the same one. Last heard was they are waiting for authorizations. I hope Glaxo is paying for that one. I think they are supposed to replicate WPI's methods.

Also, Hemisphrex is looking at XMRV in their samples from Ampligen studies.
I think they are working with WPI.

Vanderbilt sent samples to be looked at, probably from ppl who had CFS as well as Dysautonomia. If they get +s, I would bet they start testing
Is this the university? sending to WPI or working on a test? Oh thanks, here from Dr. Mikovits on prohealth part 6:

"We are also actively looking at the incidence in other Neuro-Immune Diseases so we are looking at that study I told you about, we are looking at cancer and CFS, we are looking at Fibromyalgia, Atypical MS. We’ve got a study going with Vanderbilt in POTS, which is Postural Tachycardia, because of the overlapping symptoms. So he is simply just sending me a bunch of samples both serra and DNA and we are just going to take a look to see if we see it there."

I guess a lot depends on whether anyone else develops a testing method. So there's a lab and drug companies involved but we still need money for independent CFS researchers in XMRV.

Kati

Patient in training
I added another 10$ last night out of frustration and despair for decent health care for all of us. WPI thanked me and said it was much needed these days. :ashamed:

Frickly

Thanks Kati!

Kati, I feel very frustrated as well. I think all our energy needs to go into raising money right now. I just don't know how to do it. Don't give up.

$3,732.00 Total In One Time Donations!
$290.00 Total In Recurring Monthly Donations!

These are only the numbers I could add up as some did not state how much they will be donating.
:D:D:victory::victory:

citybug

I'm inspired by the Pepsi Refresh thread and think we could create some entries for a patient support group of WPI, and if everyone goes there and clics frequently for a month we might have a chance. There was nothing when i searched for xmrv, cfs, lyme for May, but it starts again every month. Can we do gene sequencing and support of research of new retrovirus XMRV in MECFS, GWS, lyme, atypical MS, autism, cancer for $250,000. Then we can remind each other to click every day! -now i have to be away from computer, hope it gets entered. Even if we don't win other people that search those terms or look at health category will see it.

Andrew

In celebration of the wonderful birthday party my online CFS friends gave me, I am announcing the Andrew Post-Birthday Matching Fund. At the end of June, I will add up all donations reported here (after this post) and match them up to my limit of $300. IOW, if you give $50, WPI gets $100. That is, until I run out of money.

Frickly

THANKS ANDREW! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:balloons::balloons::balloons:
In celebration of the wonderful birthday party my online CFS friends gave me, I am announcing the Andrew Post-Birthday Matching Fund. At the end of June, I will add up all donations reported here and match them up to my limit of $300. IOW, if you give $50, WPI gets $100. That is, until I run out of money.

Frickly

Thanks RL Sparky!

RL sparky donated $30.00...soon to be matched by Andrew. Thanks Andrew!:D

$3,762.00 Total In One Time Donations!

These are only the numbers I could add up as some did not state how much they will be donating.

Frank

I'm taking you up on your offer to the WPI Andrew. I just donated $30.00. I know it's not much but with your matching dollars it was an offer I could not refuse. Thanks Andrew
Ron

rl_sparky $30 is much, think if half the ME population would donate that. thankyou!

BEG

Frickly, add $25. to your tally for the one time donation (I didn't give an amount at the time.)

For Andrew's Post Birthday Matching Fund, I'm giving $25. Andrew, thanks for your generosity.

Frickly

Thanks Brown eyed Girl!

$3,812.00 Total In One Time Donations!

Frickly

Thanks Kdp!

$3,832.00 Total In One Time Donations!

Frickly

Please don't forget Andrew's Birthday Matching Fund. This month only he will match other's donations up to $300. Thanks again Andrew!

In celebration of the wonderful birthday party my online CFS friends gave me, I am announcing the Andrew Post-Birthday Matching Fund. At the end of June, I will add up all donations reported here (after this post) and match them up to my limit of $300. IOW, if you give $50, WPI gets $100. That is, until I run out of money.

Nina

Andrew, that is a very generous offer and a great idea. I sent 50 $ to WPI via their Website yesterday.

biophile

Places I'd rather be.
I do not want to send Andrew broke but I donated $30 last month! Does that count?